*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903701-Stats
by Bren
Rated: E · Editorial · Spiritual · #1903701
Was my Statistical Analysis class worth it? What did I REALLY learn?
Last week I completed a college course entitled, "Research Methods and Statistical Analysis." I have never been a fan of numbers especially math! I have repeatably said, "how will this class ever fit into my life?" Well this morning on my drive to work, I found a way that made sense and added value to the process of applying statistical information in an area of my personal life.

I was listening to a song by the Crabb Family entitled, "Say a Prayer for Me." As I listened to the words I began to think about some numbers I read about in my textbook. In one of the chapters there was a statement about the number of people we meet during our lifetime. The text claims each person knows on an average of 260 people. If those 260 people know 260 people that means there is a probability or potential of 67,600 knowing who you are. WOW! The best I can calculate if each of those people just simply mention my name in prayer.....why should I ever worry, fret or doubt? I say there is statistical proof everything is going to be alright! Now to calculate the odds against me.....humm....I really do not know anyone that prays to satan. But if there is one and that person prays to him for my failure what are the odds I am going to fail? What are satan's chances of going against God and all those prayers? Thus....I reached the conclusion that this hypnosis is therefore NULL and that the calculation should be rejected!
© Copyright 2012 Bren (bren0907 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903701-Stats