*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903882-MY-EPIPHANY
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Children's · #1903882
A moment when a great truth is unleashed.
According to the buddhist, there is a thing called "The beginners mind", in this concept you should assume nothing and with humility and inquiry look for the most meaning and importance in the smallest thing. When I was around eight years old and I had made myself a slingshot and i wanted to test it out, but i didn't want to break anything and have my mother kill me so I got up early in the morning and went to the park a couple of block from my house. Everybody was still asleep thats how early it was plus it was the weekend and the sun was just coming up, the dew was still on the ground, now that I think about it, it was a perfect indian summer morning, anyway I am ready to test my new home made device so I find a pretty good size bottle and set it on top of a tunnel thing that kids play in, this is a park in a major inner city so there is some litter around, deffinetly not mayburry rfd. So I set it and moved away about ten to twelve feet,Then I find a smoth oval shaped rock just shy of the size of a penny, then for some reason I said to myself , "The smallest stone can shatter the biggest bottle", I take aim and fire and hit it dead center. I swear at theat at that time it seemded to be happening in slow motion, the bottle exploded into million pieces, I couldn't believe it. That was a moment of enlightenment that I will never forget. A detail of how the smallest of things can change the greater of thing with the right circumstances.
© Copyright 2012 nutation (jerry1.0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903882-MY-EPIPHANY