*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905058-Man-of-the-Cloth
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Detective · #1905058
You will do what we ask when we ask you to do it. Never forget who you work for, Father.
  Steven Kelly sits on the light gray metal bench in a park in Dallas. The black briefcase sits on the ground to his left, just like he was instructed to do. He is just sitting, enjoying the sights and sounds of the downtown park. Kids running and playing, couples walk hand in hand, a man walking his dog. He's just waiting. Told to be there at eleven am. It's now eleven fourteen, they are never on time. He's not sure who it will be this time, it doesn't really matter to him anymore.
  People walking by look at him, smile and say good morning. He smiles back and says the same. Everyone around here sure is nice. He reaches up to scratch his neck and feels the stiff collar around his neck. He forgets sometimes that he is a Priest. Wearing the familiar black suit with white collar. That part is still new to him. He lightly rubs the collar and thinks about why he is here and what he's doing and what he has to do.
  A man in his mid twenties nervously sits next to him on the bench. Tall, skinny, blonde hair. They get younger and younger don't they? The man places a briefcase next to Father Kelley's and picks up the middle aged Priests briefcase and walks off.
  Father Kelly smiles big and laughs a little out Loud.
            "Can we be anymore cliche?" He mumbles. "They've been doing that in the movies for years. You think no one just noticed what we did?"
  He uncrosses his legs, stands up, grabs the new briefcase and heads west to the parking garage. After securing the briefcase under the spare tire in the trunk he heads off for some lunch and his next meeting.
  Face to face meetings rarely happen, it's to risky. This is the second meeting for this operation, but he's had meetings like this hundreds of times.
  Father Kelly gets a table at Enchiladas restaurant,  the brisket tacos are amazing.
  A woman sits down across from him. Mid thirties, long black hair, to the middle of her back. Dressed in a short but classy blue skirt and matching jacket with a white blouse. Very attractive, very smart and excellent at what she does.
  "Father Kelly" she says with a smirk on her face. "How are you today?"
    "You guys were fourteen minutes late." With a look of disapproval on his face. "I can't just be sitting around waiting for you to get your shit together."
    "We had a problem with the new guy," she says right back at him with a look that says don't take that tone with me. "It won't happen again."
    "See that it doesn't, I've got way more important things to be doing right now," he says
      "What? Like saying Mass or hearing confession?" She says
      "Something like that, yes!"
      "You know your not supposed to be doing that. Are you!?"
      "Don't be absurd. What do you think?"
      "I think you're enjoying this a little to much and you need to remember why you are here and what you need to be doing. Which is focus on the operation and keep your personal feelings to yourself." She says halfway raising her hand off the table, pointing her finger.
      "Don't lecture me!" He snaps back raising his voice.
      "I can and I will! You will do what we ask when we ask you to. No questions. Never forget who you work for, Father. I'll see you in six months." She slowly gets up and confidently walks away.
      Father Kelly mumbles to himself, "Have a nice day. Always a pleasure, Special Agent Martinez."
© Copyright 2012 Kbennett (kbennett4413 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905058-Man-of-the-Cloth