*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905074-My-Pokemon-Journey
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1905074
This is a story who follows a young man and his Pichu. I am still working on it.
This story is about the animal species of Pokemon. In this world powerful monsters roam free in cities, towns, lakes, rivers, forests, mountains, and the oceans all over the world. The world is divided in many regions all over the planet.
People live in harmony with these creatures and some befriend each other and even become battle partners. A Pokemon Trainer is a person who trains Pokemon to be stronger in Pokemon battles.

When a Pokemon Trainer encounters a wild Pokémon is able to capture that Pokémon by throwing a specially designed, mass-producible spherical tool called a Pokeball at it. If the Pokémon is unable to escape the confines of the Pokeball, it is officially considered to be under the ownership of that Trainer.
Afterwards, it will obey whatever its new master commands, unless the Trainer demonstrates such a lack of experience that the Pokémon would rather act on its own accord.
Trainers can send out any of their Pokémon to wage non-lethal battles against other Pokémon; if the opposing Pokémon is wild, the Trainer can capture that Pokémon with a Poke Ball, increasing his or her collection of creatures. Pokémon already owned by other Trainers cannot be captured. If a Pokémon fully defeats an opponent in battle so that the opponent is knocked out, the winning Pokémon gains experience and may level up in ability.
When leveling up, the Pokémon's statistics "stats" of battling aptitude increase, such as Attack and Speed. From time to time the Pokémon may also learn new ability moves, which are techniques used in battle and outside of battle.







In addition, many species of Pokémon possess the ability to undergo a form of metamorphosis and transform into an older stronger Pokémon of its species, a process called evolution. This is not like evolution from the Charles Robert Darwin theory where a being would change suddenly for no reason. This is Pokemon’s way of growing up in their life from baby to adolescent, to adult.


Pokemon Trainers and their Pokemon go on journeys to battle and study with Pokemon Gym Leaders which they are challenged on their skills and knowledge. If they pass the Gym’s requirements the Gym Leader will award the Trainer a Gym Badge. After the trainer has earned a certain number of badges they can enter tournaments and even face the Elite Four in their region. The Elite Four is four of the strongest trainers in the area.

If the trainer can overcome this gauntlet, he or she must then challenge the Regional Champion, the master Trainer who had previously defeated the Elite Four. Any Trainer who wins this last battle becomes the new champion and gains the title of Pokémon Master which is a dream and honor to any aspiring trainer.

Today our new friend begins his own Pokemon Journey to become a Pokemon Master. The day begins early in the morning at a major airport in the Kanto Region. A large white airplane had just landed and people were on their way off. One person who was a young trainer at the age of 16 just stepped off the plane.
He has an athletic build with dark brown hair and strong brown colored eyes. He was wearing a Navy t-shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, a black jacket, and a black and blue baseball cap on his head and black running shoes on his feet. He was carrying a black backpack.

Once his feet were both on the ground he held his arms in the air and thought to himself, Ah at last. The Kanto Region, beware because, Shane Williams is here, first thing first, Pallet Town! With that he then started off but then stopped dead in his tracks. Except I don't know where it is…

Shane turned around to look at the person who asked him a question, “Excuse me sir, are you Shane Williams?”
“Yeah, that's me. And you are?”
“Pleased to meet ya. I’m Mark Simmons, one of Professor Oak's assistants, and I’m here to guide you over to the lab.”

“Nice to meet you too,” Shane shook Mark’s hand. “So where too?” Shane said.
“Follow me this way,” the two made their way out of the airport. Shane following Mark closely not to let him out of his sight as they passed people. They then got into a taxi-cab and drove to Pallet Town. “This is the place? Shane asked. “It sure is! Welcome to Pallet Town home to our research lab!”
They got out of the car and walked to the lab and went inside.





Machines were everywhere and researchers were testing equipment and three men were talking to an older man dressed in a white lab coat and kaki pants. “Professor! Someone is here to meet you,” Mark called. The older man turned around and ushered the other men away and walked over to Mark and Shane.
“Ah! You must be Shane Williams. I have heard so much about you. It is nice to meet you. I am Professor Oak,” he extended his hand to Shane. “Yes, it is nice to meet you Professor Oak,” Shane politely and excited said while shaking the old professors hand.

“Come step into my office and we will have a chat, the old professor said. Shane walked behind him and entered the office. Professor Oak sat behind a brilliant oaken desk and motioned to a seat, please have a seat. “Thanks,” Shane took the seat and sat straight.
After Professor Oak finished looking through papers he looked over to Shane. “So Shane, after looking through your file I gather you are starting out here in Pallet Town, Kanto before entering the Unova League. Mind if is asked why?”
“Not at all, said Shane confidently. “I wish to be the best, and the only way I can do that is by battling and learning from the best.”
“Mhhh yes,” Professor Oak agreed. “Please continue.”
“Well… sir. I want a challenge. The land that I only know from books and never before explored sounds like a challenge to me.”
“Sounds like you want to get your hands dirty from hard work. I admire that. So… What Pokemon are you starting out with? A Snivy, Tepig, or an Oshawott?

Actually, I went with another Pokemon, Shane said. He then reached down for a Pokeball at his hip in his belt. He then let the Pokemon out.




Out from the Pokeball, came a Tiny Yellow Mouse Pokemon with very short pale yellow coat of fur. The tips of its tri-angled ears are black. Its nose is extremely small, almost like a dot. There are black markings on its neck. Its tail is short and resembles a small lightning-bolt. It has pink circles on its cheeks, which are used for storing electricity. It eyes were dark brown, like Shane’s and sparked happy at him.



“Ah Pichu! How did you get this little guy, asked Professor Oak.
When I was at age of five years old I found an egg and Pichu hatched from it. We use to play all the time and when I was getting ready to come here Pichu followed me. So I chose him to be my starter Pokemon.”

“Very well then, Pichu come here please.” Pichu pounced on the old professor’s desk and looked curious at him and sniffed his hand. The old professor then petted the Pichu and examined him. He checked the Pokemon’s sex. “Ah a boy,” he exclaimed. Then he continued and listened to Pichu’s little heartbeat with a stethoscope. “Hmmm his heartbeat is regular.” Then he pulled out a special meter device to check Pichu’s electricity. He place two wires on Pichu’s soft pink cheeks.
Then the professor told Pichu to use static shock. Pichu charged and shock the device. The professor thought to himself as Pichu let out a small amount of its power. The Pichu has mastered to use static shock on command! That is astonishing to have achieved control of its electricity so early in its life!
He read the meter. “Mhh his electrical levels are on medium range! This Pichu is in excellent health!”



Shane smiled proudly and said, “Thank you so much Professor Oak!”
“You’re welcome! Now! I trust that you will take care of the Pokemon I sent to you.”
“Of course sir!”

“Very good! I have high hopes for you my boy,” Professor Oak exclaimed.

Afterwards Shane Williams was preparing to leave the lab already done with speaking with the Professor. When he met a person in the hall, he was a boy with mid-length blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a tan and red shirt with black pants same age as Shane.

They both bumped into each other.

“Oh sorry,” Shane said to the guy.
”You should be. Now if you would move your big feet. I have my starter to pick.”
“Okay,” Shane said.

Just then Professor Oak walked up, “You must be Chad, the new trainer here for your first Pokemon. Follow me please.”
Chad followed Professor Oak.

“Mind if I come too,” Shane asked. “Do what you want,” Chad said.
The three of them then made there way to room with computers and some more precise machines.





“So here are the Pokemon to choose from. The first choice is Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokemon. A small blue four-legged reptilian turtle with powerful jaws, a yellowish belly and a very strong brown scaled shell with a white outline came out of the Pokeball the Professor held in his hand.
“Squirtle,” the Squirtle said timidly.
“Wow, hey there,” Shane said. The Squirtle then hid in its shell frightened of Shane.

Shane felt bad. “Oh you will have to forgive him. He’s a shy little guy,” the old professor said. The second choice is Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon.


An orange four-legged reptilian creature with four small fangs visible on its upper and lower jaws, its under belly is a lighter orange color that is almost yellow, on the tip of its tail is flickering living flame. The orange lizard roared violently, and then shot hot embers at Shane.

The charmander started rolling on the floor laughing. “Char-har-har-har!” “You think you are funny ha,” Shane said putting out the embers on his jacket.

Now finally the third choice is Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon. Just then a small blue, green four-legged fanged Reptilian creature with a green bulb on its back, with bright red eyes came out of its Pokeball. “Bulbasaurrrrr!” it said proudly with a smile.

“Oh, how cool a Bulbasaur,” Shane then crouched down as the Seed Pokemon’s red eyes looked up at Shane. “Bulbasaur is weak. I'll take Charmander,” Chad said out of nowhere.
Bulbasaur then ran away.


“Wait Bulbasaur,” Shane said helplessly while he went after it

Moments Later…

Shane was still looking for Bulbasaur.
“Bulbasaur where are you,” Shane called out.
Bulbasaur then walked out from behind a tree. It appeared to be crying.
“It is okay. I don't think you are weak.”
Bulbasaur then smiled and jumped into Shane's arms.
“Now let's get you back.”
With that Shane and Bulbasaur made their way back to the lab.
“Oh good you are back! Professor Oak said.


“So Chad took his charmander and left,”
Shane asked.

“He did,”the professor said.
“What is with that brat? What reason does he think he has to be all high and mighty? Which way did he go?”

“He headed towards Viridian City. Why?”
“Good I can met up with him and battle him,” Shane said.
He was about to run after Chad then he remembered.
I still need my Pokeballs and Pokedex.

“Professor could I have some spare Pokeballs and a Pokedex?”

“Of course! Here you go,” Professor Oak said as he handed them to him.
“Thanks! See you later,” Shane ran off in a hurry.


Shane was now running through Route 1. Where can that brat be? Shane said to himself in his head. Just then he heard something. He then ran towards the source of the sound.
It was sounded like a battle. Chad’s charmander roared. Chad all the sudden saw smoke and approached ground that was burned black. A fainted and badly injured Pokemon was laying infront of Charmander. The Pokemon was beaten up more than needed. It was just a small bird Pokemon called Pidgey.
“Charmander use bite, commanded Chad.” Then Charmander bit into the injured bird and Pidgey came to in utter pain and screeched. Then broke free and flew far away.
“Why did you do that Charmander all ready won!”
“I have my reasons. But it is of little importance now. Return Charmander.” Charmander was then drawn back to his Pokeball.
“Where are you going?” Shane said. Chad answered, “That Pidgey is nothing special. Do with it as you please.” Then Chad left.
Shane immediacy ran looking for the pidgey.
“That's right the pidgey.
He then ran to it and asked. “You ok? This is bad. I have to take you to get help. But where?”
There is only one place a hospital for Pokemon. Pidgey was in mortal danger it was bleeding. Shane was running all the way the Pokemon center in Viridian City carrying Pichu the whole way.
He made it to the center.
He called out “Help! Help!” A Nurse answered, “What is wrong?”
“Nurse, this pidgey in bad shape, Shane said desperately.
“We will need to tend to it right away,” the nurse said alarmed.
“Chansey bring a stretcher.”






A pink oval shaped Pokemon carrying an egg in a pouch came in with a stretcher. After Pidgey being placed on it the chansey took it away to the recovery room.

The nurse then said, “Now please tell me what happened.”

Shane started to speak, “Well… I don’t know the full story but a trainer named Chad was trying to catch it but he was going to attack it when it was down. I just hope it is not too late.”

“Well don’t worry, Pidgey will be fine.”
I turned to see a man with messy black hair wearing a blue jacket, dark blue jeans, and a red baseball cap.
“You think so?” Shane asked the man
“I sure do.” He said.

“Is it okay if I wait here?” Shane asked.
“Of course you may,” The nurse said.
And with that Shane collapsed exhausted running over four miles here nonstop.
“Kid are you okay?” The man asked.
”Yeah, just tired.” Shane said.

“Here let me help you up,” said the man
Over an hour passed, during this time Shane was chatting with the man about legendary Pokemon.
Then he had a surprise on his shoulder.
Something flew on his shoulder and looked at him. “Oh Pidgey you’re all better!” It replied “Piiiiiidgeey!”
“It is safe for you to return to the forest if you want, Shane said.
It then nodded at Shane and flew away happily on its wings.

Suddenly Pichu came out of its Pokeball. Twitching its ears and sparking out electricity on its cheeks. “Pichu!” Shane was surprised his little Pichu came out of its Pokeball.
Pichu started talking to Shane. Shane listened and somehow understood what the Pichu was saying. “Awe I see!” You wanta have a battle!
Now come on. Shane then ran outside with Pichu behind Shane’s heels.
The man then followed as well. “So why did you two come out here?”The man asked.
”I need to see what my partner can do. Shane said.

”How are you going to do that?”The man asked.

”Simple, we are going to have a battle.”

“So you wish to battle? Alright then I accept your challenge,”the man said proudly.

“Great!” Shane said. I will be using my pichu as you may expect.”

“Okay then let’s get this started. I choose you Oshawott!” The man yelled throwing his Pokeball. A white and blue sea otter-like
Pokemon came out of the man’s Pokeball.

“What! An Oshawott! Well this is a surprise. I did not expect a Unova Pokemon. But still I will win. Pichu go!”
Pichu then ran to the front of Shane’s feet.
“So who first?” Shane asked.

“You may go first.” The man said.

“Alright, Pichu use quick attack!” Pichu then charged in at high speed dashing across the ground.

Oshawott lowered its head and deflected it. Oshawott then took his scallop shell and punched Pichu away. Pichu flipped in the air from the blow and then landed on his feet.

“You okay?” Shane asked.

Pichu then gave a nod.

“Then try another Quick Attack and keep it up!”

Pichu did as he was told and attacked.

“Deflect Pichu again,” said the man calmly.

Oshawott deflected the first but got hit by the next attack, and then hit again, then deflected the last blow Oshawott was knocked down hard. Oshawott immediately got up.
Oshawott’s trainer called out “Use Razor Shell!”
Then Oshawott’s scallop on its stomach it started to glow brightly. A light blue aura also appears around the scallop and Oshawott swigged the scallop once. The aura around the scallop stretches and hardens behind it, forming into an energy blade. Oshawott then slashes the Pichu with it like a sword. Pichu took major damage and starts to bleed heavily. Pichu cried from so much pain.
“PICHUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!”

Pichu then started to get angry and was sparking powerful electric waves out of his cheeks furiously.
“Pichu don't use thunder shock. Instead use Sweet Kiss,”
said Shane worried for his Pokemon.

Pichu looked frustrated and tired but then used the attack.
Oshawott got hit by the attack and became confused due to the effect of Sweet Kiss.

“Now Pichu use quick attack again.”
Pichu charged in quickly for the attack.

“Dodge it,” commanded the man. Oshawott did that but fell on its face.

“Pichu this is our chance! Use your Thunder Shock!” Pichu’s body glew yellow, then Pichu releases multiple lightning bolts from its cheeks. The electricity hits Oshawott hard and shocks Oshawott six seconds.

The attack hit but Oshawott stood back up in rapid pain of being shocked by electricity. It almost couldn’t move from the pain.

“No! Oshawott! Quick, use water gun!”
Oshawott used water gun shooting a blast of powerful water at Pichu. The attack hit and knocked Pichu out.

Pichu was knocked out and unable to battle. After some time Pichu woke up.
“Pichu. You okay?”
Pichu answered him and Shane was relieved.

“That was a good battle. Was it your first?
”Yes… it was.”

Before returning to the Pokemon Center; Shane knelt down and picked up his beloved little Pichu. He took a Band-Aid and bandaged Pichu. The tiny yellow mouse Pokemon had a very tired expression on its face feeling fatigued. Pichu looked up at his Master. Shane lightly petted and stroked Pichu's ear while kneeling on the ground.

Pichu gave a weak smile and said: "Pi-chuuu." "It's okay boy. We will get him next time. You did your best." Pichu looked up him, then looked down and rubbed his cheek tiredly in Shane’s chest while giving him hug. Shane smiled and hugged Pichu back then placed Pichu down on its yellow paws.

Shane pulled out a Pokeball. "Here a take a small nap and we will get you patched up at the Pokemon Center." Shane then returned Pichu to his Pokeball. He pushed the button on the Pokeball and the Pokeball automatically reduced in size. Shane attached the Pokeball to his belt and stood up while looking around. That man that had just battled him was already on his way. "Better get a move on New Trainer." Shane immediately dashed and scurried after the man to the Pokemon Center. The man kept his pace looking straight ahead, and Shane met his stride. The man spoke,
“I’m sorry Pichu suffered such a big cut I shouldn’t have let Oshawott get so carried away.” “It’s okay,” I just need to hurry,” Shane started running.

They continued to the Pokemon Center and walked through the sliding automatic doors luckily they were not far from the Pokemon Center. Shane took a moment to observe his surroundings. The lobby was well lit with lights all around the room and the colors were nice and warm. The whole building was spotlessly clean and well stocked in comfy furniture. A Nurse was at the front desk. The Pokemon Master and new trainer walked forward the nurse spoke.
"Hello, and Welcome to the Pokémon Center. We restore your tired Pokémon to full health." The Pokemon Master answered, "Hello Nurse Joy my Pokemon are injured could you please tend to them?" "Of course! Right away please let me see your Trainer I.D. and place your Pokeballs here." The man did so and walked over to the Trainer Lounge. Shane then immediately approached her and placed his Trainer I.D. Card on the desk. "Hello. My name is Shane my Pichu just got out of a battle could you please take care of him?" She greeted him cheerily and said "Of course Dominic. We will take good care of him." She placed Pichu on a gurney and two chanseys pushed Pichu into the recovery room. Shane was not allowed to follow. "You stay here Shane and wait. We shall have Pichu ready soon. It will take some time. Please take time and rest you may go to the Trainer Lounge if you'd like.

Shane looked worried but smiled, "Thank you very much. I will be here if you need me." The nurse nodded and walked on.





















After a while of waiting, Shane got up and left the waiting room.
Shane went to the bathroom and walked to the urinal. He unzipped his pants and relieved himself. Afterwards he zipped up and walked over to one of the bathroom sinks and washed his hands with soap and warm water. He then dried his hands and dashed out. He looked down to his right wrist and checked his wristwatch. About 50 minutes have passed. Shane thought to himself. I wonder if Pichu is okay now. I hate we lost our first battle but we will get better. He walked through the hall and went where he last saw his little Pichu.

The man that had battled with Pichu and Shane was already there. He was leaning up on the wall with is arms crossed with a shadow under the bill of his cap covering his eyes. Then Nurse Joy walked out followed by her chanseys, "Both Pichu and Oshawott are all healed!" she announced.
"Wonderful!" Dominic said with a brilliant smile. Pichu pounced of the gurney and Shane caught him. Pichu's spiky tri-angled ears bowed as Shane petted him and Pichu seemed very happy. Pichu then chimed on and on about his experience in the recovery room and Shane listened intently with compassion. "Pi-chu. Chu. Pi-pi-pi. Achu. Ju. Pichu. Pich!" "Oh really," Shane said with a smile.

The man broke his stance then walked up and while taking his Oshawott's Pokeball he said: "Thank you. How's my other Pokemon?" with a hint of worry in his voice.

Nurse Joy responded in her chipper mood, "Oh, Pikachu is just fine! And so are your other Pokemon." Just then a short, chubby, rodent-like Pokémon with yellow fur all over its body and long ears that come to a point with black tips, ran up to its master on all fours.

It leaped up in a loud "PIKAAAAh!" and landed on his Master's shoulder. It's black eyes sparkled happy to be with his Master again it. "Hey buddy. Well I better be off", the man said.
"Yeah we should get a move on too," Shane said.
"Oh dear me. It is getting late. You should both stay here for the night," Nurse Joy said.

"Alright! I would most certainly appreciate that. I'd love a room." Shane said. "Oh, yeah I forgot. All this time I never got your name", Shane looked at the man he battled.

The mysterious Pokemon Master eye's looked over at angle at Shane. He then turned towards him and said, "My name is Ash Ketchem from Pallet Town."
Shane was astonished, as he shook hands with this Pokemon Champion of Orange League, and
Kanto Battle Frontier. "Mr. Ketchum it is an honor to me you. I am Shane Williams . I heard a lot about your victories." "It's nice to meet you too Shane. Make sure you and your Pichu master his electric abilities. He may be small but he can pack a shocking punch." Pikachu responded in agreement. "Pikachuuu! Pika." Shane asked Ash, "I will. We will we ever see each other again?"
"I am sure I will see you again if you want to be a master. Until then." Ash Ketchum then walked off without another word with his back to Shane and Pichu. "We will we ever see each other again?" Shane asked Ash. "I am sure I will see you again if you want to be a master. Until then you gotta' catch 'em all and do the best you can. Farwell, Shane.”
And with that Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town was gone.


To Be Continued
© Copyright 2012 Ryan Whitlock (writingrw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905074-My-Pokemon-Journey