*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905132-Man-of-the-Clothanother-chapter
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #1905132
Another chapter, looking for feedback
  Carlos Trejo stands at the front of the church. He lights two candles then kneels down and prays. The same ritual he does every Tuesday afternoon. He slowly stands up and walks to the alter, bows and performs the sign of the cross. He walks past the alter to the wooden door on the left, goes through the long hallway. Takes a right down the stairs to the basement. Already seated at the table are his partners, Richard Burr and Mr. Wallace. These three men make up The Kings.
  "My brothers, I call this meeting to order." Carlos says softly.
  The table is empty, no notebooks, no pens, nothing. The meeting is all conducted from memory and that has been the rules for over two decades.
  "We are here to discuss business and business only," Carlos speaking softy again. "Personal feelings must be left at the door."
  "Understood." The other two men agree simultaniuosly.
  "Must you say that every week?" Richard asks. "We know how this works Carlos."
  "Yes!" Scowling at Richard. "That's how we've always started the meeting and how our fathers started the meeting, so we will continue to do so."
  "Alright then," Mr. Wallace speaks up. "First thing we need to discuss is I think it's time to bring our new Priest into the circle, Father Kelly."
  "Deacon James doesn't trust him yet," Richard chimes in. "I think we need more time with the new Father, see who he really is."
  "Agreed," Carlos nods his head.
  "I've been working with him for six months on church matters and I think it's time and we can trust him," Mr. Wallace makes his case.
  "Yes we can trust him, on Church matters only," replies Carlos
  "He's not ready yet," Richard agreeing with Carlos.
  "Well, when is he going to be ready? We need his influence and power in the community right now. We need all the friends we can get. We are all very aware of how things are not turning in our favor lately. We will put a stop to that," Mr. Wallace angerly pleads his case.
  "I'll get my guy in DPD to run some checks on him," Richard nods towards Carlos seeking approval.
  "We have great influence in this church and community gentlemen. His appointment was sudden and caught us all off guard. We can't let this happen again," Carlos says talking with his hands.
  "Our intelligence guy dropped the ball," Mr. Wallace says looking directly at Richard.
  "Yes he did, and he will be takin care of for his costly mistake," Richard stares right back at Mr. Wallace.
  "As it should be gentlemen," Carlos says standing in front of the table buttoning his suit jacket. "Our fathers as well as we have worked to hard, sheed to much blood to let our power fall because we forget to do a background check. Little mistakes bring down our entire empire. We will not let that happen, the three of us owe the cause to much to let it fail. Father Kelly stays on the outside for now. We will bring him in when I'm convinced he is a nobody and willing to die for our cause. Good afternoon gentlemen, I will see you in a week."
  Carlos turns and slowly walks up the stairs. The two other partners leave together out of the back door to the ally.

© Copyright 2012 Kbennett (kbennett4413 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905132-Man-of-the-Clothanother-chapter