*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905519-Life-as-They-Know-It-chapter4
by 54
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #1905519
The story of a boy who challenges his life.
                                                                                  CHAPTER 4-Offbeat







The Breakfast seemed difficult to digest , the bag seemed impossible to carry and the bus ride seemed longer than before . This was surely one rough morning for Eric smith knowing that soon he will be once again insulted in front of all the robotic minds that was his class mates due to not completing his homework .

Soon enough the bus had reached the 'haunted house' that Eric had named the school. Eric got slowly off the bus as slow as he could , so as to reach his class as late as he could but again he realized the fact that reaching late would also add to his disadvantage and Mr. Jonathan would say-

"Oh so now the sleeping beauty has arrived , however late. Stand facing the wall Mr. Smith!"



Eric quickly picked up a speed as if a lazy bum realized he had a train to catch. His steps seemed to lessen the distance second by second however, unfortunately his thoughts did not seemed to lessen his fears of the upcoming few hours.

The door of the Class room seemed to be the only thing in Eric's road which led to his doom. He had reached a place where he had many choices and one of his choice was not to choose any of them.

He could either enter his class now or maybe step back and just go and bunk the class. With a spirit of that of a fighter he entered the class and simply sat on his assigned seat ignoring the crowd around and the crowd around returned the favor back to him by ignoring every single breath of air around him.



The bell for the first period had rung , Mr. Jonathan would be in the class an moment. Seconds turned into minutes and well minutes multiplied into various minutes , and a smile had spread on Eric's usually tense face . Mr. Jonathan had not returned and only half an hour was left.

Footsteps being heard outside had zipped the ongoing mouths of the students. Eric's face had returned to its normal state , tense . His heart had skipped various beats and was planning for more . The door slowly opened , all eyes glued on the door .



"Good Morning Students" a voice unheard was now heard by Eric , he opened his tightly closed eyes and all the skipped beats had been recovered by his heart.



He sighed heavily. It was a subsitution teacher that had been send in place of Mr. Jonathan. All tensions that Eric had disappeared in thin air.



"Mr. Jonathan is not coming back for the next 2 weeks , so i will take his classes till then" the middle aged man said.

"And yes my name is Mr. B-R-O-W-N" he said as he wrote it on the writing board in front of the class

"Will you give us free classes?" asked one student standing up.



Mr. Brown walked towards the child

"No." he said and he started walking back "But we will do something offbeat"



The word had already got some minds thinking , but one concerned child asked.

"What is offbeat Mr. Brown?" Eric asked the tall man who wore warm sweaters in heavily hot summers.



The man smiled at the question

"Offbeat , something that is diffrent from usual. You'll know what i mean ...." he answered.
© Copyright 2012 54 (s54hivamhora at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905519-Life-as-They-Know-It-chapter4