*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905604-Passionate-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1905604
Daniel is the only one who can change her mind about herself, can he now?

The rain began to get harder as time passed, Charlie waited outside in the downpour to see what would happen. A loud noise arose, the sound of a door being slammed open and somebody breathing deeply; assuming they were running quickly. “Charlie! What are you doing out here! It’s too cold for you to be outside in this weather, you’ll get a cold.” Daniel yelled through the hard rain, it was hard to hear due to the fact to Charlie’s ears the rain sounded like giant steps from a ten foot man walking through traffic.
She looked back and him, tears in her eyes and streaming down her cheeks; it would’ve been hard for Daniel to tell whether she were crying due to the rain if he had not known her as well as he did, but he knew she wasn’t okay. He knew she was crying and that something was the matter. “Charlie… please come inside, I don’t want you to catch the flu or anything worse. I know you’re upset, I will help you. I promised I would always be by your side. You know I’d never leave.” Daniel tried to speak with calm words, but it was hard while yelling through harsh rain. He stepped closer, trying to get to her slowly but quickly.
“Then why did you leave before!” Charlie jolted forwards a bit, yelling angrily. “Why did you leave so much in the past? Why are you still with me when I can plainly see that whenever we broke up you just wanted somebody better? Why do you want me? What’s so special about something so… abnormal?” Charlie spoke out words that Daniel never wanted to hear, he clenched his teeth and shouted out to her with fierce words, “You know I made mistakes and you know I still regret them!” Daniel clenched his fists and looked down, shutting his eyes and sealing them tightly from the pain of the memories and the ice cold raindrops falling atop of him.
“You know that I made mistakes in our past, you know that I still loved you even when we were apart! Why do you keep thinking I didn’t want you back then? I only left so much because… because I was afraid so much to lose you okay!” Tears fell down his cheeks; he’d finally broken right there and then. “You know that I have always been afraid to live without you, you know that I loved you more than the world and more than anything else, I only kept leaving because I didn’t want you to leave me!”
Charlie looked down, after hearing all that her heart started to make the thump thump noise when her butterflies would appear. Is he telling the truth? “I still don’t know if you’re lying to me all the time, I feel like you’re still the same as last! I’m scared to trust you, but I want to trust you. It kills me to think I’m not good enough and you just deserve so much better!” Her voice screeched at the end of her words, more and more tears running down her face.
Daniel couldn’t take it anymore; he looks up fierce and quickly walked over to Charlie. She stepped back and closed her eyes tightly; scared he was going to yell. She felt his hands touch her shoulders and then pull her into his grasp. Daniel tightened his grip on her, not letting go one bit. Charlie opened her eyes, tears falling down as she listened to what he had to say. “Charlie, I care about you more than the world. I made mistake, I lost you so many times… please don’t let me lose you again. I love you Charlie.” Daniel held her tighter in the freezing wet rain.
She never knew that he felt that way; at least she never thought he’d say it. She hugged him back tightly and spoke into his chest. “Daniel… I love you too, but more than you do me. I always have…”
Daniel put his arm under her legs and picked her up, carrying her to the door, holding her close to him and making sure Charlie will be okay. “Charlie Skye, I love you more than anything. I always have and I will never leave you ever again. I cannot promise I won’t disappoint you, but I can promise I won’t leave you and I will always protect you.” Charlie looked up from laying her head on his shoulder and slowly leaned into his lips, kissing him gently. Daniel kissed back with passion as they stood there under the door shade, kissing passionately in the rain.
© Copyright 2012 Charlie Skye (charlieskye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905604-Passionate-Love