*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905901-The-Witness
Rated: 13+ · Other · Mystery · #1905901
Flash fiction. Basically, dead men tell no tales.
The Witness


Dragging Pietro’s body from her car to the end of the pier was immensely fatiguing. He outweighed Mikhaila by 200 pounds.  Unfortunately, when she rolled him off the pier to the tiny craft several feet below, he missed the boat entirely and landed on the lower walkway.

Andino watched quietly from behind a shrub across the dimly lit parking lot.  Suddenly, a street lamp popped and went dark near him.  Mikhaila looked up and stared in his direction.  Standing, she pulled a pistol from her belt and began moving towards Andino.

The low, deep horn of a tugboat diverted Mikhaila’s attention for a second.  Seeing her look toward the bay, Andino took the opportunity to make a break for a boat shed near where he crouched.  Mikhaila had him in her sights before he reached halfway.  With her silencer in place, the shot fired made less noise than firing a gas powered pellet gun.  The impact from the .45 caliber bullet threw Andino’s lifeless body 5 yards across the lawn.

Returning to the end of the pier, Mikhaila descended a wooden ladder secured onto the pilings, to a lower walk.  In order to complete her mission she must dump Pietro’s body in the middle of the bay. 

But then, the shock of a lifetime!  The small boat and Pietro were both gone!  The sound of a Glock loading its chamber startled her.  She turned quickly and there stood Pietro, pointing the Glock at her, “Ciao, Mikhaila!”  Again, but from the walkway above her, “Ciao, Mikhaila!”  Jerking her eyes upward she saw Andino standing above her, but Pietro fired at that same instant.  No silencer this time, and the blast of the Glock resonated around the bay even before her body hit the water.

© Copyright 2012 Steve M (srmorris2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1905901-The-Witness