*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906201-Same-Love
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1906201
Its pretty much a fantasy/paranormal/gay love story
The look of pure terror in Azraiel’s eyes was enough to freeze hell, but it only froze my heart. Looking at him made me pause in my step, but love over rode all the fear that was keeping me from running into his arms. Fur was slowly creeping across his skin…slick black fur, almost like obsidian!

The fear of having to hear his bones crunch and lengthen to accommodate the change was nerve racking enough to make me want to run in the opposite direction. But I knew that he would not want me to run, it would only make the situation worse then what it is already.

The sun was now hidden behind some dark rain clouds, but the storm had only begun and was sure to worsen the longer I stood here and did nothing. The rain was starting to come down at a small drizzle then sped up gradually, and within seconds I was soaked to the bone in cold rain. No sooner had the rain started, that Azraiel was standing five feet from me now on four paws, long black fur covered every inch, and his gleaming gold eyes watching me. I shivered in the pouring rain, looking at him with fear written all over my face but still I just stood there.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

As the rain poured down and I stood there watching Josh, I could feel the fear just radiate from his body. It burned to know that I was the one scaring him; his trembling obvious despite the down pour. I slowly took a step forward and watched as Josh took a small step backward. Seeing that his fear was over riding love at this moment almost made me howl in pain but I held it in.

Josh wrapped his arms around himself trying to warm up, knowing it was futile but he did his best, still not moving. I didn’t like the fact that I was scaring my love from me; I was hoping that it would bring us closer together. Josh gave a small sneeze and coughed. It was starting to get really cold, but Josh wouldn’t move. I moved another step closer, not taking my eyes off of Josh; taking several more steps. As soon as I was only a foot away, Josh finally took a step to me, trying to make an effort to ease away the fear. The indigo blue color of his eyes starting to come back, as the dilation of his pupils gradually faded away. The smell of fear that was radiating from his body made my hackles rise, but I had to calm down, other wise Josh would never come to me in this form.

I sat down in the fallen pine needles and maple leaves, waiting to see if Josh would come to me if I stayed still. Watching him watch me and trying to be patient was so not my forte but it had to be done. Josh was starting to get over his fear now, and as the process went on, he walked to me hesitantly but it was progress.

Finally the rain stopped its tirade on us; Josh took his last step and was right in from of me now, but he didn’t say anything; on the contrary he literally launched himself at me with tears streaming down his face. 

“I love you!” Josh kept saying over and over again. His eyes lingering on my gold ones.
“And I love you, Cher.”  I thought, knowing that he couldn’t hear me, yet.

As the moon began to rise and the clouds disappear, I thought it time to transform back to my human body; I didn’t want Josh to be scared of me anymore. He soon crawled away from me, again…I couldn’t bare to watch the fear creep back onto his face, so I ran into the trees so he wouldn’t see me change back into human.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          

Watching him run off into the trees but knowing or at least hoping that he would come back was the one thing that rooted my feet to the ground. Azraiel was the love that had entered my world back in our freshman year, and now our senior year was just about to start in a matter of weeks! But how was I supposed to go into school with a boyfriend who was also the captain of the swimming team?

The sounds of a twig snapping were how I knew that Azraiel had returned. Barefoot, shirtless but at least had pants on; he stopped to look at me for some sort of reaction. All I could do was run into his warm muscular arms; warmth radiated from his bare torso through my shirt and at this moment I couldn’t be any happier.

“Azraiel? Je t’aime.” I looked into his eyes as I held him close to me.
“Te quiero Josh.” He looked at me with such love and care in his warm golden eyes.
“ Je veux passer toute ma vie avec toi.” I said back, knowing that he wouldn’t know what I had just said.
“What?” He asked me with a quizzical smile on his beautiful face.
“I said that I want to spend my whole life with you. So in other words, Azraiel veux-tu m’épouser?” I watch his face as he tried to figure out what I had just said to him.
“I’m a little rusty when it comes to speaking French, but did u just as me to marry you?” He smiles but could tell he was unsure.
“Yes I did.” I got up off the ground. “And if your not sure then I have something else that I can give you until you decide that your ready in your own time.” As I took out the promise ring I had picked out just in case.
“Josh….i cant give you an answer right now but I will when I feel its time.” He smiled and let me put the promise ring on his left hand ring finger. Just knowing that I might have finally found a partner for life made me the happiest person alive at that very moment.
© Copyright 2012 Kole-Carlisle (shawnyi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906201-Same-Love