*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906257-Kings-Kingdom
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1906257
The king is no more....
“You cannot do this to me Fran,” Nolan hissed. “I inherited the right! I am the oldest of us all!”

Fran flipped her blonde hair. She stepped forward. Her knee high leather boots creaked as she moved. The sword cradled in her left hand, and the crown in the other, barely feet away from Nolan‘s longing eyes. “You may be the oldest, but your also the most stupid!”

“They will tear themselves apart without me!” He snarled with eyes turning crimson red and writhed against the thinnest string of silver binding his pale hands behind his back.

“Maybe if you had given them a chance they would have lived!” Fran brought the sword up, the tip resting on Nolan’s heart. “But instead your right to rule has brought pain, and death among your people. I am here to put a stop to it brother!”

“Then kill me Fran. We are the same you and I! We kill for our survival, for the good of the kingdom! Just as you are about to do now!”

Fran spread her cut lips into a grin. “Your not going to die by my hand brother!” A rumble came from the stairs. The door behind Nolan splintered and cracked under the force from the other side.

“They are here,” Nolan laughed, spurting blood. “Now we will both die, and this game will all seem pointless when we meet in the afterlife!”

She moved quickly, shouldering the sword then pulling out her last phoenix feather. It glistened, red and orange in the light.

“Good bye Nolan, may you find peace.” She clapped the feather between her hands, the warm flames engulfed her, carried her.

You can't leave me here, were the last words she heard him scream as the door shattered, spilling vengeance into the room.



300 words
© Copyright 2012 Rturner19936 (rturner1987 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1906257-Kings-Kingdom