*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907586-Bonds-To-Death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Death · #1907586
Ally and Sarah both have their fair share of secrets. Though why did it turn out like this
          A young girl with crisp blond hair sat on her bed working on her math homework as he mother walked into the room. As the mother walked through the door, the girl turned towards her mother to see what she wanted. Soon the mother placed a piece of paper in front of the young girl.
            “This came for you not that long ago; apparently it’s a letter from Sarah.” Her mother said as she lifted her hand from the paper. Her mother walked to the door and when she was about to shut it she turned. “It’s almost time for dinner, come down when you’re done.” Her mother walked out of the room and left the girl to the note and her homework that now sat on the bed next to her. The girl put her homework away and opened the note slowly and carefully as if afraid to see its contents. She began to read what rested on the paper.

          Dear Ally,
                   I’m so sorry to do this to you Ally but I can’t do this anymore. I haven’t been able to do if for a long time but I kept trying because I didn’t want to part with you; but no more. I’m done. Every day of my life is horrible no matter where I go. I get told everyday I’m better off dead anyways so why not kill myself, and grant everyone’s wish. I know that by the time you get this, I’ll be dead already so bye. It was nice knowing you but even though I knew you, I know you would end up like everyone else in the end. You don’t know anything about what happened anyways, you probably don’t even know the pain I went through everyday just to be with you for what, five minutes at the most?
                   I can already tell that you will be fine without me anyways. You have friends; you have people that you can talk to, unlike me. You can live your life out and just know that I’m going to a much better place for me. The place I’m going to have people that can understand the pain that I’m going through.
                   I figure though, since I’m not going to see you again I should let you know about why I’m doing this. I was beaten every night by my father and all the bullying that I got from school didn’t help me at all. My father would always tell me how much of a failure I am and how I would never be able to do anything with my life. Every time I did something wrong he would punch me, kick me, and if he was in a really bad mood he would cut me. At school I would be push and bullied whenever you weren’t near me. Without you I was just a person that was perfect for bullying.                    
                   So there now you know what I when through all the time just to be with you, you’ll be perfectly fine without a failure like me. My mom’s dead, she was all the support I ever had. You don’t need me to be happy like I needed you for everything, so I’ll just go away and let you live your life, because you’re better off without me anyways.
                   Bye, see you when you die
                                                           From,
                                                                     Sarah



            Ally remained in her bed and began to cry out her life. She cried so hard it wasn’t long before her bed was covered in the moisture from her tears. After about ten minutes of her crying alone she heard footsteps by her door. She didn’t look up but she could hear her mother opening the door. When her mother walked in the room she walked over and sat down right next to Ally. “Honey what’s going on?” Her mother asked as she pated Ally on the back. Ally said nothing but dived into her mother’s arms, crying. Soon her mother looked at the note and only read the first sentence to know what was going on. “HONEY!” Her mother screamed and soon her father walked into the room. “Call the police now, Sarah just sent a death note to Ally.” Ally cried harder after hearing her mother say death note. 
         So much continued to happen that Ally didn’t remember most of it; all she could remember was going to Sarah’s house and seeing her best friend, hanging from her bed post, dead.



            Days past and Ally decided that she would write a note for Sarah, not caring if she would be able to read it or not. Later the same day, when the burial was over, Ally put the note down on top of her grave and walked to a nearby tree to cry, not wanting to go with everyone else at the moment.
Over by a grave a spirit of a young girl sat and watched as people cried over the young girls body that was buried in the ground. Everyone was crying and the spirit stood there wondered why. As Ally fell asleep on the tree she could her here say, “Read the note, please. You aren’t hated you are loved and needed.” As Ally feel asleep the spirit picked up the note and began to read it.

          Dear Sarah,
                        I know that you are dead now but I felt it need to write this note to you, in the hopes that you will be able to read it. You didn’t need to die; you were greatly loved by many of the people that stood around you and saw you every day. People may had told you that you were a failure every day and that you were no good but that was no reason to give your life up, I can tell you that for sure. There were people around you that loved and cared for you more than anything and I could tell that you knew that very fact. Why else would you have written a note to me unless you knew that I cared for you dearly? Did you think that I was the only one out there that cared for you a lot? Well you are wrong. If only you could see how many people were at your burial and were crying their hearts out because you were dead. You were loved and we could have helped you if you only told us what was going on.

I should let you know, your father went to jail.


I thought that you should know that. He will no longer be able to hurt anyone else in this world. He could have still gone to jail when you were alive too and then you could have stayed with me or someone else but you didn’t tell anyone. You took your life instead of telling someone that could help you and send him to jail. Don’t you know how many people were there to help you get through this? You went and left us all behind because of a couple idiots. Then you ask us not to be sad that you died, that’s impossible. We loved you and cared for you so how could we not cry over the fact that you are dead?
There is no need anymore but just know that I won’t forget you at all. Nothing will replace your spot because you were everything to me. Without you I might have done the same thing that you just did. I get hurt every day, through both words and physically. I never showed you but I have bruises from people too. I’m abused much like you but I know there is a hope for someone like me, and like you were. If you told me I could have helped you. If you just told one person, you could have gotten help and not had to kill yourself. People hide secrets every day and I guarantee you that you weren’t the only one that gets abused every day by someone. You aren’t alone on this world.
I will see you, but it won’t be soon. I know you died and I will become what you always dreamed of being for your sake. I loved you and I miss you so the least I can do is live your dream for you. You need to know that people care for you and will help you. You can’t be helped now but you could have been.
Know that you are loved Sarah, know that I will help you through everything even though you are gone and I will see you when I die and then we can play like we use to everyday.
                                                            With love,
                                                                        Ally.


The spirit began to cry as she saw a giant basket full of these letters behind the grave. The spirit saw how much Sarah was loved and the spirit fell to the ground, crying.
“I made a mistake, I shouldn’t have killed myself.” The spirit said.
Just then Ally woke up and noticed the spirit crying on the ground.  Ally walked over to the spirit and hugged her tightly.


“You are always loved. You will always be loved”
© Copyright 2012 Navara Desen Ikakku (navaraikakku at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907586-Bonds-To-Death