*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910007-Natarra---garden-dragon---in-progress
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1910007
The hidden world of the garden dragons. Suggestions and reviews welcome.
Natarra - garden dragon
Introducing the garden dragons.

There are many wonders in our world,
but did you know there is a place in all gardens,
in which the smallest kind of dragons live.
It seems hard to imagine there would ever be such a place in a garden,
for all one normally finds is the wonder of flowers, plants, creatures, and bugs that live there.
One would never think that there where dragons there.
Though if one is in need of help,
one just might find help from a garden dragon.

Now garden dragons are rare to find,
for they have ways to hide right before your eyes.
You would never know they are there,
unless they want you to know.
Yes they come in many colors for it is not always how you look,
but how you act that gets you noticed.

*Vine2**Fire*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Fire**Vine1*

Hello.
Chapter 1


    Our story starts in a large garden just beside the greenhouse, where the roses grow and the tulips bloom, hiding the compost pile where the garden soil was mixed, and the tools are stored. If one was look close enough, one might see the smallest kind of dragons, garden dragon. Who live and fly among the garden plants and flowers. Did you know there are two basic types of garden dragons? Those that flit among the flowers like butterflies and those that have a habit of weaving themselves through the leaves, vines, and stems of the plants. I am a jeweled toned garden dragon as the two-legged ones would call me. I cannot help but be proud of my colors the deep red of my wing tips that faded through the oranges and in to my body that was a golden rod yellow in color that shifted to an emerald green on my underbelly and my head was a deep blue color. I loved flying among the flowers looking for tasty bugs to eat.

    It was when the sun was at its highest in the sky as I flew amongst the flowers looking for something to eat, when a sound caught my attention, this was not a sound I had never heard here before. I dropped to the ground below the flowers, as not to be seen by what ever made the sound. I had seen the family of two-legs that lived here and cared for the plants just as I did.

    I slowly crept towards the sound unsure of what to do only to find the smallest of the female two-legs making the sound. I remember watching the other two-legs as they tried to make sure that the little one was always out in the open or inside the largest of the wooden caves. I slowly climbed back up one of the flowers to see if she by chance was alone.

    Only to find her curled up crying in of all places in the center of one of the rose bushes. No was out of the wooden cave looking for her but I could hear loud noises coming from the wooden cave that made me want to run and hide. The little two-legs was shaking like a leaf in a storm, while making a sound that reminded me of a hatchling that was so hungry it could hardly call for food.

    I looked at the little female two-legs then through the roses back to the wooden cave. No one came out but I could hear more loud noises coming from the wooden cave. I could not stand it any longer I moved to
© Copyright 2012 Silverwindrose Dragon Minstrel (silverwindrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910007-Natarra---garden-dragon---in-progress