*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910317-Somethings-Out-There
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1910317
You never know if you are ever truly alone when you are camping out....
                  Dusk approached quickly, intensifying her fear.  Escape proved to be almost impossible, like swimming through mud with a weight attached.  Everywhere she turned in the small, wooded area of the Cape, she came across a barrier.  She could sense it frighteningly near.  They didn’t make it far from their secluded campsite, as she could still faintly smell the smoke from the fire.



          Beth scanned the immediate area for Vohn with no luck; she dare not call out her name.  There was one last way she could head, but the thought made her vomit a little in her mouth.  She stood from her crouch behind a tree, took a deep breath and headed back towards the bridge at a run, dodging branches and brush.  Each crashing sound she made she cringed knowing it has to have heard her.  A feeling of hope and a motivated energy comes over her as she recognizes a path she and Vohn took into their campsite up ahead.  Her steps quickened once her feet hit the smooth dirt path, though it’s darker now she sees something up ahead on the edge of the path…”Oh God, NOOOO!” Beth screeches, terror overcoming her.  In a crumpled mass lay Vhon, her bloody body slashed and torn apart.  The blood loss was inconceivable.  Her face was peeled back off her skull, but Beth could recognize her earring, after all Vohn bugged to borrow them all week.  It looked like something took a large bite out of her side and tore it off, then cast her lover off as if it wasn’t exactly what it wanted. 



Staring at her bloody Vhon, she realizes she stopped.  A cringe comes over her as she feels hot breath on her neck, and a mix of blood and saliva dripping down her shoulder...



© Copyright 2012 Dobie Mom (dobielove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910317-Somethings-Out-There