*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910601-DFF-Swamp-Escape-122812
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1910601
Escape through the swamp.
         I find myself leaping over a log, and sliding between two mossy trees. My panting and sloshing through the foul swamp are clearly doing me no favors in escaping my captors. As I make my way across the muddied waters, I cannot help but think of what type of abominable beasts lurk out of my view.

         “She’s over there!”

         I run faster, grunting and panting, and dive into the mud surrounded by tall switch grass face first. I roll around in it making sure it covers every pore of my body and lay motionless with my face to the side in the mud.

         “Well now, whe’ ya think she got off ta, Bobbay?”

         “She’s around here somewhe’, keep lookin’,”

         A shotgun blast rings through the swamp and wild birds squawk as the two men in green, brown, and black camouflage trudge through the muck. I know I have to move but my legs are numb.

         “C’mon out darlin’, ya know th’boss said bring ya back dead er’ live. Eitha’ way baby, we get the land. We ain’t gotta get violent now, ya hear?”

         Mud splashes on my face as Bobby steps by my head. The oldest is in the distance. I can do this; I just have to be quick. Bobby begins to take another step when I punch him behind the knee, causing him to buckle.  My left handful of mud covers his mouth before his knee hits the bog and dive on his back. He thrashes about the swamp like an alligator but I quickly bound his hands with a long strip of hide.

         “Bobbay?”

         “She’s here!”

         Before the old man knows what hit him, I have him kneeling with his hands up.

         “You tell your boss, we will never sell our land! Get out of my swamp!”
© Copyright 2012 Vincent Price (vprice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910601-DFF-Swamp-Escape-122812