*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910652-A-shift-in-power
Rated: GC · Chapter · Dark · #1910652
A man assesses what went wrong with a kidnapping and how to right the situation.
         Johnny stood over the sink watching blood droplets fall and splatter against the cream ceramic. The rich color screamed defiantly against the landscape of gritty soap scum and short, dark hairs. He had bled for days when the plump redhead bit his ear but even then, the damage had been relatively minor. This was the worst he had ever been beaten by one of the bitches.
         He had really fucked things up.
         No, Wyatt had really fucked things up.
         If the door had been unlocked as planned then he wouldn’t have fumbled around, trying to open it. Wyatt ruined his favorite part. He loved taking the lady’s hand and bowing before her with one arm gracefully extended. He kept the other respectfully tucked behind his back. He loved the look of gratitude they gave him when he helped them down out of the truck. He loved the moment of surprise when his gentlemanly ways morphed into primal instinct. He loved revealing his hidden hand and distributing the elixir that pacified unnecessary distress.
         Johnny lifted his head and raised his eyes to the mirror. The warm blood ran down his temples. He washed his cheeks and wiped the areas of his face that were still intact. The gash above his right eye was nearly three inches tall and crept into his hairline. His brow diverted most of the blood flow, but the inner corner of his eye stung when the liquid seeped through.
         Johnny traced the outline of the gash with slick fingers and bent over to rinse his hair. As the dark red water gave way to pink, he gripped the sides of the sink and overcame a wave of nausea.
         The bitch had made him look weak. He wasn’t expecting to be tossed around like a rag doll by a whore in a skirt. After the first blow, he just couldn’t get his footing beneath him and by the time she had slammed his head again-
Johnny parted his wet hair and found a second gash deeper inside his hairline. This was one was smaller and cut in the opposite way. If Wyatt hadn’t interfered he would have taken the bitch down.
         Instead, Wyatt looked like a fucking hero coming to his rescue with that dopy ass grin on his face. He should have just stayed out of it and let him handle her. That was Johnny’s job- help her out of the truck and subdue her. At this stage, he was a professional. He’d be damned if he was going to let his prick of a brother make him look like a pussy.
         It was time for Johnny to take the upper hand and that started by showing everyone what he was capable of.
         As a rule, Wyatt got first dibs.
         Not tonight.
© Copyright 2012 S.C. Rood (scmatthews at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910652-A-shift-in-power