*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910920-Trip-Down-old-memory-lane
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Contest Entry · #1910920
A cliched question generates a string of memories
Question no 4 of my english paper read " write an essay on your visit to an interesting place". "Oh Sharks!" I exclaimed to myself i had been horrible at these type of questions in the past. I consider myself lucky to have travelled almost every place in India, but it gets really difficult choosing the best when someone asks you or these type of questions come in a time bound exam. I buried my head between my hands and took a wondrous trip down old memory lane. My thoughts riveted to my recent trip to Punjab to call on an old friend, the grand Gurudwars of Punjab,the vast open field of The Punjab and the mischief that my friend and I cooked up in the town of Patiala,as soon as i had decided what to write and began to get up to pen down my thoughts another block of memory beckoned me. This time i was in The Himalayas the grand mountains towered above me as i spent my summer vacation in an isolated valley town, The memories were mostly made of the rafting trips in treacherous rivers, or the infinite treks across the mountains. The next memory block that beckoned me pulled me out of the safe boundaries of India and thrust me into the alien land of Singapore, My memories guided me through the high class urban streets of Singapore, I revisited my time spent with the frinds i had made there only to let go of them in five short weeks as i had to return home, I wanted to be back with them to spend some more time to go back to all the places and just stay a bit longer. As i was consumed in my feelings for longing i knew at the back of my head that i had more important stuff to do and then i remembered ! I pulled my self up and looked at my watch, good gosh! i had spent half an hour day dreaming during my english exam! I pulled my thoughts together and began to pen down my thoughts, but i did not write about Punjab, Himachal or Singapore instead i wrote about my wondrous trip down old memory lane during my english exam.
© Copyright 2012 Xiferof (xiferof at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1910920-Trip-Down-old-memory-lane