*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911534-The-Star-Pillar
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1911534
The stars carved into the pillar sparkled under the full moon's light
Gena remembered setting cross legged beside the cooking fire listening to her grandmother's stories about mysterious pillar in the Moon Temple. Now she stood staring up at the temple's entrance, giving a sigh she removed the saddle, saddlebags, and halter from her horse before turning him loose in the carrel to the left of the steps. As the sun set, she placed her tack on the wooden bench next to the carrel, shouldered the saddle bags and climbed the steps leading to the temples pearl white doors.

As she approached the doors, they opened revealing a platinum blond priestess wearing an ankle length orange robe. "Why do you come here," the woman frowned.

"I brought my Grandmother's ashes," Gena placed the saddle bags on the floor and removed a gray urn decorated with blue spirals. "She asked me to return them to the land of her birth."

"Do you understand that if you take them to your grandmother's birthplace you can never return to your tribe?"

"Yes," she looked into the priestess' blue eyes. "My brother's arranged a marriage for me. Anyplace is better then life with Tron!"

"I hope your are right, Child," she smiled. "Follow me."

In the center of the temple, stood a golden pillar decorated with sapphire star gems. Above the pillar, a crystal clear dome let the light of the full moon shine through. In the moonlight, the pillar and its gems glistened.

"Hold the urn in your left hand," the priestess backed away from the pillar. "Place your right hand on one of the gems and visualize your grandmother's eyes."

In her mind, Gena saw her grandmother's green eyes sparkling with laughter. After a moment of mental disorientation, she found herself standing in the ruins of another temple touching a rainbow colored pillar.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911534-The-Star-Pillar