*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911982-HetaliaDoppelgangers-World-Wide-Mess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1911982
2 brothers and River have to save two realms, but can they really do it?
                         
                    Chapter One


“The world so dull and lifeless. Oh how I just wish something interesting would happen or something would change. Is it really that much to ask for?” A girl asked sitting in an empty cave, listening to the water drip from the ceiling into the clear as crystal water. She leaned back so she could draw lines with her hand into the water. She remembered to keep the sleeve of her yukata out of the water.
The other people here said she should be happy to have a home here. Considering the fact she shared the same cruse as everyone else that lived in the village.

Everyone only remembered their names and age but nothing else as well as the cruse of never ageing or dying. Normally people would see this as a wonderful gift, normally. Though in truth have immortality just made days stretch on and on showing no change in anyone heath or age. Well until recently. People have been disappearing strangely enough. Everyone else was terrified of the newest events, but not the girl. She was glad something was finally happening.
 
She viewed it much more better then getting pity for not remembering her name but the death of her parents. The eldest or lady of the village gave her a unique name, stating it fit her so well. Her new name is River, though many other people called her other things. Such has ghost girl, witch, lone wolf and other things. She understood why, and simply ignored them well sticking to her own group. The way River viewed them was just a bunch of stuck up spoiled kids that want to make other people feel worse and there else’s better.
 
Despite that she liked her name, and many other people really believed it fit her well. It seemed to complete her, with her long silky curly black that came to the back of her knees. Her skin matched the same skin tone as a new porcelain doll including the faintly pink lips and rosy cheeks. With her pale blue colored eyes sparkled under her long eyelashes. She was happy that was the name the lady gave her.
 
Even though she had been one of the newest people to vanish and important part of village life no one realized. How can no one realize some one like her missing like that? Soon it was obvious that she would be the reason why people completely forgot about the other people vanishing. River still remembered them and asked around only to get many “I don’t seem to remember them”, “never heard of them” and her personal favorite mainly because this statement was the definition of cruel irony. “Hmm, I don’t remember that person, seems to happen when get to be as old as me”.

“Even with people disappearing, I knew that excitement would not last a while. Still people fade away in time and no one notices any more.” River sighed taking her hand away from the water and lying down on the large rock that jutted out of one of the cave walls over a beautiful lake. Yes it did extend out of the cave for about another mile or two then turned into a water fall.
 
River found it amusing of how many people were to scared to go down their because of that. Still she tried to explain to them that it was actual very safe, considering the fact the other half of the river you couldn’t get to from there. The fact was a large thick wall of rock had went through the clear water until half a foot. And it was still impossible for anyone, even the babies because they never live the house.
River looked at the small crack in the ceiling. Her eyes widened, was it already dark out? Oh the new mayor of the village was not going to be pleased, but the creatures in the forest might be. River had already swung her feet over to the path that led out side when she heard splashing. Her pale eyes narrowed, did she have any weapons on hand? No..but she had other ways to protect or ran away from any danger.

Cautiously she stepped from the rock and pressed herself against the side of the cave. If worst comes to worst she would take the long way out praying out ever possible danger was in front of her would get lost. Unless this said danger has memorized the crazy tunnels like her she didn’t see any other flaws in plan b. She felt herself tense the closer she got. It always took a lot to freak her out  and run the opposite direction. Many times people said it was her just being stubborn, as if determined to show people there is not a thing they should really be afraid of. Not in a place that is close to paradise despite the odd creatures that wonder around at night.
 
She turned one corner, taking in a deep breathe when the splashing became very violent. River stopped when she heard what sounded like crying, but why would a creature cry. Unless it wasn’t a creature, or it was someone about to be killed by one of the blood thirsty beast. She had heard many legends and was wondering if they were really true or nothing but white lies. If they were real she was about to meet one of these legends face to face only to possibly turn tail and run the other way.
 
Quietly she turned at the last corner and stopped. So much for these ‘legends’ she was always being told about. In the bright moon light she made out two boys, even if one was huddled into a tight ball. Probable the one crying too, but well they both were distracted River starting to walk towards them staying on the path and in the shadows that the cave made for her. She was inches away from them now and they still had no clue that someone was there with them. Her head tilted wondering if she should speak up even if she didn’t know if it was safe or not. Not that she honestly cared. River walked until she was behind the upset boy, but froze when the other walked to the cave of the mouth.
  When he looked away she placed hand pale hand on his shoulder. He immediately jumped and looked back at her. She out a finger up to her lips telling him to shh before screaming or anything else.

“Every thing is alright, you can trust me.” River said with a small smile, the boy managed a smile too. They both looked up at the other boy, he looked ready to burst into tears himself despite his expression always looking rather angry and ready to punch anything he could.

“….Why do you look like you eat a very sour or bad fruit or pastry?” River asked tilting her head to the point anyone could swear they could see question marks above her head.

“..T-tch, I do not!” He snapped crossing his arms over his chest and looking away.

“..You could have fooled me.” River replied. Her pale eyes fell on the other boy when he started to laugh a little. Well at least things weren’t as bad anymore. Again she tilted her only the opposite direction making him laugh a little harder.

“..I-I’m sorry, that was rude of me.” He said pausing to laugh a little more. “And about mio fratello maggiore, his kind of harsh and mean but his really a pushover.” He smiled. River gave into another confused expression, she understood the fratello part but everything seemed to confuse her.

“I am not!!!” His brother suddenly snapped at him.

“Si! Oh, you look confused. Mio fratello maggiore is Italian for my older brother. We know this because I am north part of Italy and fratello is the south part!” Italy cheered happily. River knitted her eyebrows together in thought.

“Hmm, what’s wrong now?” S.Italy asked, his tone still fuming with rage after his little brothers comment.

“Oh, just thinking. Do two have any other names? I must ask this, for I don’t think anyone in the village will be kind due to your names.” River asked them.

“Si! My human name is Feliciano” Feliciano answered happily.

“Lovino,  what’s your name?”  Lovino asked leaning against the cave, at least  his attitude had changed a little bit. In truth she didn’t want to answer him because of his childish behavior, but her not replying would still be pretty childish.

“River.” River said calmly even if she avoided eye contact and started at the clear water. She looked back at them when she felt their eyes on her.
Suddenly she stood up with her arms folded over her chest after fixing a part of her yukata. Feliciano looked over at his older brother then at her. They were at a disadvantage, considering the fact it was a need to know thing about this legends.

Did River belief them, no. Not after getting herself excited for no reason, well not through fear any way. Just meant she still had a chance to prove them wrong, them all wrong that there is no real truth behind this crazy legends. Still at a time like this, being cautious of these possible legends was the correct response.

“….What’s wrong?” Lovino asked after the long awkward silence of them staring at the water. River’s head suddenly jerked up as if he had suddenly frightened her. Once it seemed like her breathing went back to normal she look back at them.

“Nothing…Come on, it’s late and we should get to the village that’s near here.” River said sternly, one she was not about to be proven wrong and this was the way to do. Two, if she were to be proven wrong, she certainly didn’t want these to get caught up in the mess she made.

“Okay.” Feliciano said after his bother helped him up. Quickly he dusted his pants off before speaking again. “So how long should it take us to get there?”

“Ten  or twenty minutes tops. During the day it takes less time, but at night the small forest that separates this cave from the village seems to change.” River explained vaguely. Then again it was better then choosing to say there might be man eating creatures out there waiting for it’s next meal. And judging by Feliciano’s expression, she choose the right thing to say to him and possibly his brother too.

“O-okay, lets go…..I guess.” Feliciano said his voice shaking a little. River tilted her head after he looked away, but with a shrug she walked ahead of them.
The night air hung with a strange sinister feeling despite the moon shine lighting their path. Including the small playful innocent nocturnal creatures couldn’t mask the feeling of dread. The further they got from the cave the more a thick fog moved in, bringing a chilly to the night air.
  River glanced back at the brothers with a shiver. Normally she couldn’t feel the chill because of her attire and nor could they. But just like her they could tell something was very, very wrong. An owl let out a sound and Feliciano jumped back, crashing into his older brother sending them crashing to the forest floor.  River somewhat sped walk over to them and held out a hand for them to get them back on their feet.
  Feliciano smiled a little as she helped him up, then helped his older brother up. Lovino dusted himself off then a leaf off of Feliciano’s head. 

“..We’re not lost right…ahah right?” Feliciano asked River. She just simply continued on until she realized they were not following. They were doing the opposite.

“Oi! Dose your moon do that all the time?” Lovino asked, she could tell his was feeling a bit uncomfortable. River stopped and looked back at them. When she did Lovino motioned to the moon that was once a bright white, and now was a deep blood red color.

“Yes, it happens a minute after 10:30, we should hurry.” She said, hoping they wouldn’t ask why. River wasn’t to keen of the idea of explaining to them that this was around the time the so called legends come out to play.
  Feliciano was no smack dap in the middle of her and Lovino.  He went to speak, but it came out as a sharp gasp. River furrowed her eyebrows after hearing such a ghastly scream.

“Did you guys hear that too, or was that just me?” River asked. She frowned when they nodded, did this mean the supposed legends did live? That they weren’t dead?
  Feliciano peered back when he heard walking behind his brother and saw River’s fearful stare at something. Suddenly his mouth felt unbearably dry at the same time as River.

“Lovino, don’t move, and don’t look back. Mainly don’t show any fear. “River whispered to him, he nodded slowly. Once again that scream came, only it came from what ever was standing behind Lovino. After flinching, he could have sworn his heart had stopped. Lovino shivered when her arms went  past his head and then flinched when he heard a hollow thunk behind him.

Quickly River grabbed Feliciano’s wrist and lie a chain reaction his hand latched into his brothers wrist. With that they ran and ran, finally after what seemed like forever River saw the metal gates.
However  soon tripped and spun down a steep hill. The brothers froze after bumping into each other.

“Fratello, what should we do? We can’t leave her!” Feliciano cried out gripping his wrist a little harder.

“..A-am not sure.” He winced, well backing up the closer the thing got. He really wished this was a nightmare, there was no way something like her could possibly exist. Seeing her made it hard to keep any food they had eaten down as well as breathing. She was strangely tall, her long freakish skinny arms hung at her side under the old tattered sleeves of her long black dress. Everything about her screamed dead, her attire, pretty much bones instead of flesh or anything else, and her long greasy hair covering her possibly lifeless eyes if she really did have any.
 
And the closer she got the more that feeling grew, but they were not about to give in. The only person they met was just a kid. Then again they probable weren’t that much older then her either.
Once again Lovino shut his eyes and did Feli. They have never felt this helpless before, what could they do to a thing they have never seen in their lives?
River looked up to them, she grimaced when a pain shoot through her leg. She must have twisted her ankle or hit her leg. Carefully, using the trees as support she got to her feet just as someone passed right by her. It was Nicolai, he was good person, though the people with him were far from it. Managing to get back up the hill she lead the frightened, possibly traumatized brothers into the village.

“A-ow, are you two okay?” River feeling terribly guilty for not listening to the adults.

“S-si, are you okay fratello?” Feliciano asked seeing all the color drained out of his face.

“Si, as long as I don’t have see or for that matter smell that old hag again.” Lovino said, obviously trying to show he was perfectly fine so Feliciano wouldn’t freak out.  Even if he saw it in his older brothers eyes he still laughed at his remark.

“..Hmm, we are going to be in a lot of trouble, lets get to my house before everything clams down. “River suggested, quickly leading them there. Because she choice to live alone, where the lady of the village use to live she was pretty much into middle of the village. Though that also meant she had peace somehow, maybe because everyone knew she was safe and sound.
However once they got there, it had seemed like trouble had beat them there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yay! I finally figured things out! No but seriously SylverMyste (Thank you!!!!)helped out, and i finally got the nerve to post something. Well I hope you guys like it I, that and if any Italian is wrong do not think I am trying to insult you or anything. I am still learning. Other then that see you around, and well review,rate..umm like it please.
© Copyright 2013 Fallen Angel 214 (fallenangel214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1911982-HetaliaDoppelgangers-World-Wide-Mess