*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912641-Dear-Me-Letter--2013
Rated: E · Essay · Drama · #1912641
A letter to myself.. for a contest
Dear Me,

         I reckon my last letter didn’t reach you since I haven’t heard from you, nor have I seen any changes I proposed. If it did reach you and you lacked the will to respond, I cannot blame you. The last two years have been pretty tough on you. Your life has been turned upside down and unwelcome changes occurred that you had no choice but to deal with. However, I refuse to believe that you’ve given up on everything that is important to you. We both know how stubborn you can be and I encourage you to use that attribute to good effect. In all fairness, you’ve been pretty lazy no matter the circumstances and I wish to change that. I care about you and know that you’d like to see the flip side of a coin but do not know where to start. It would be better if we could sit down and have a face to face conversation and yet I know such a thing is impossible. You are impatient, compulsive, not to mention irrational! I apologize if this offends you, alas you know I’m right. Hence the written letter. You’ll probably read my well chosen words with the utmost scrutiny, but you’ll also consider them as wise and nothing more than helpful suggestions. Before I do as such, I want you to know that I understand what life is and how quickly things and priorities can change. Nevertheless, I’d like for you to step into the New Year on the right foot.

         You’ve lost your job right before Christmas, and as much as it is a hard blow that threw a wrench into your plans, I also think it’s a blessing in disguise. They do say that God works in mysterious ways, whoever They might be, but I think They just might be right. Which brings me to the first order of things.

         You’ve lost your faith. Not that you were ever a Church going person or some such, but you’ve lost your belief in God. Ever since your mom died you’ve turned your back on Him. I cannot blame you nor push you to believe in God, but I’m sure He’s still trying to show you the way and you need to listen. There is a light at the end of the tunnel no matter how far it is. Put your faith in Gods hands and He will lead you. And no, you don’t have to read the Bible or go to Church. He won’t judge you.

         With that being said we can move on to the next agenda which is telling your dad that you want to get married. I know how you feel but you need to be brave. Confrontation was never your strongest suit but you need to sit down with him and tell him. Yes, he will make you feel as if you were five years old but you can handle it. I have faith in you even though you’ve lost faith in everything else. Do not beat around the bush. You’ve been doing that long enough. I am no fool though and know that you’ll have to digest my words first before you come to terms with them. Just remember to be brave, you are strong already.

         Perhaps even too strong with too much unused energy. The fact that you spend a lot of your time on the computer is not a big issue. However, you need to get outside more often. You love nature and taking pictures. Try doing that once a week or at least a walk. It’ll get your blood pumping, your creative juices flowing, and it will surely keep you away from the junk food that you enjoy so much.

         There are no words strong or powerful enough to keep you away from your computer, I know that. It’s almost like your cigarette addiction although those two seem to go hand in hand when it comes to you. I refuse to argue about that since it’s pointless. I will, however, encourage you to stay away from face book and those time consuming games which do nothing but waste your time.

         To my defense, since I’m sure you’re wrinkling your nose at my never ending criticism, I do like the fact that you’ve back on WdC. The progress appears to be a slow one, mostly due to the fact that the people you used to know there, aren’t active any longer. Your hesitation is understandable but we both know that its community is friendly, encouraging, and always helpful. You even managed to make new friends. Isn’t that something? I see a slow smile forming on your lips in agreement and I can’t help but smile myself. Simple things suck you in and you just have to be on that site, right? Yes, well, that site is an addiction in itself and you can spend hours looking at different things without accomplishing a single one of your own. That’s why I need you to focus and keep an eye on what’s important.

You need to review!

         Not sure why you stopped but you need to get back into the habit of doing it. One review a day isn’t too much to ask. Create a reviewing template to make the reviewing easier on yourself. Not only will this be one good deed a day but it will also improve your own writing as well as help your muse to come up with fresh and new ideas.

Get involved!

         Join some groups that you like. That way you get to know more people and might enjoy the site even more. How about entering a contest or two? The idea makes you shrink inside, although I’m not entirely sure why. It won’t do anything other than help. If your writing sucks, so what?! It’s a way of practicing your skills. How else will you accomplish your main goal? You have nothing but time at the moment and excuses are not acceptable. Neither is giving up! The only way to accomplish anything is to keep at it. Be persistent and leave no room for doubt. Only then can you succeed.

         I hope my words haven’t been too cruel. Even if, I will not apologize. I wish you only the best in everything you do. Be brave and strong, persistent and open to suggestions, creative and organized (this came as an afterthought, since you’re like a tornado leaving destruction in its wake) but most of all have faith in yourself.

Your most trusted friend,

Me



Word Count: 1093
© Copyright 2013 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912641-Dear-Me-Letter--2013