*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912714-Flash-fiction-challenge
by kritz
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1912714
For the prompt - 1/10
It was one day during my summer holidays I was so bored and didn't know what to do. My parents were out of the station and I was all alone in the house. Thanks to EB (electricity board) there was a power cut then and I couldn't watch the television or go out as it was really dark. The only available option was to browse through my smart phone. I started watching random movie review videos in YouTube when I came across the 'Miss World 2012 - Finale'. India was in top 7. I knew the results as it was in the news long time back but I wanted to know what exactly happened. The final round started and then they were asked the question, 'Why should you be selected as Miss world? You have one minute to explain this'. And that one minute speech brought a difference in the lives of these girls who worked hard for years to touch and feel the crown and have it for oneself. One question - one minute - And that had made all the difference.




Word count - 183
© Copyright 2013 kritz (kriti1d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912714-Flash-fiction-challenge