*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914107-Short-Story--DREA
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by addyk
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1914107
This story is about motivation the first learning a child undergo in life through setbacks
DREA

It was a lonely day for drea, her mood was gloomy due to her first ever refusal from her mother for not buying her a dog, it was in her favor because her mom thinks that she is not ready to take the responsibility, but drea thinks it otherwise; “ Mom! Do you really think I will let the dog go on by himself? “No! But dear this is not a good time; her mom says to her curiously looking to her eyes and cleaning the vase beside the sofa. To get off the topic her mom insists her to help her clean the house.

Drea is a very lonely girl her friends always make mischief with her , making fun of her old dress , but drea never listens to them she told her mom about the incident happened yesterday after coming back to school “ Mom! Yesterday I found a puppy he was looking towards me, he was all wet and lonely like me he was so lovely “Mom while dusting the hallway “Yeah! They all are lovely but love they cannot be brought home “ok! I was just saying; Lily also have a puppy in her home her mom doesn’t argue with her they keep them in home. “That’s enough for today drea now go upstairs and start doing homework” Mom said her in wrath.

So drea went up and started studying turning pages of the book arrogantly , I wish my father was here he would have let me keep it , and so thinking of her father she slept.

Next day while coming from school she saw the same puppy again Drea couldn’t resist to talk, puppy hey puppy I shall call you timy, the dog jumped towards her with his tongue outside his mouth licking the hand of drea, She said timy my mom don’t let you stay at home so I brought you some cake, do you want it? Timy was hungry he jumped towards the cake drea had brought. He started eating as if he was eating it for the first time, drea was very happy to see timy eat moving her hand softly on timy.

Suddenly a voice of hawk came like a lightning from sky drea didn’t notice the sound but timy stopped eating, hawk with his sharp claws attacked over timy drea screamed but it within a second hawk dive over timy and grabbed him with his strong claws, he took him in the sky Drea cried loud she shouted but there was no one around the only thing she could see was the hawk taking her new best friend, She sat down and started weeping wiping her tears with her folded sleeve.

So sad for drea she was broken hearted she couldn’t helped her new friend, in grieve she decided to go for timy. Drea talked to herself saying “I am not going to let a hawk take my timy with him I will help you!”

She hold her bag in her hand firmly standing from the ground moving towards the deep jungle resting beside her long trees with branches spurting out like a nightmare with spikes , but her moral was high she stood up and straight into jungle looking up the big tress and monkeys sound echoing from mountains.

She started listing to song her mom used to sing to her when she was scared at night” We Are All gifts form nature whom we respect , There is no harm in anyone as long as you stay firm!”

Singing along in the deep forest she saw a spider web, Drea Looking at spider who was big ugly and black said to her “HI! Spider “; I am not here to harm you will you be my friend?” The spider didn’t replied .Drea whispered OK! I will name you Leo, you are cute! The spider was sitting in the web for her hunt , then she saw a fly moving about the web suddenly it got stuck in the web the spider had created , it Jumped at once grabbed the stuck fly in her jaws and started weaving the web around the fly. Drea was shocked to see this, she said to her new friend Leo “I am not your friend anymore leave the fly alone” big drops of tear started to fall from the face of drea looking at the spider eating the way through fly.

She was wondering that how come the nature be so cruel to others when she had been taught to respect Mother Nature, she started moving taking big leaps backward from the spider web and putting her hand covered sleeves on her eyes and ran away.

After a while Drea found a place under a tree where the sunlight was illuminating the grass like pearls, she sat down there on her knee with arm crossed her chin, looking towards the beauty of plants some small some large and upon it a layer of sadness, Drea asked herself as to why this had happened ? First her friend timy then a set back from Leo, she couldn’t find a way out of it.

As she was thinking a leaf fell from the tree onto the head of drea, she at once took her hands and grabbed the leaf which was no in pieces some of it in her hands and some of it in her head, she looked upon the broken leaf and in despair a light came to her that every beauty has an end like a leaf which was green sometimes ago and now it is just rotten, but this leaf in itself has many stories packed and closed waiting for someone to discover.



© Copyright 2013 addyk (addyk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914107-Short-Story--DREA