*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914527-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1914527
Dear Me contest entry. Let's see what I've got.
Dear Me,
Another year coming up. And hey, you're almost sixteen! Congrats on staying single all those years. Why don't you keep it that way? Who needs boys, anyway. How about we take all the boys and put them on Mars? Then they won't be such a pain. Probably not going to happen, but it'd be nice.
Now, what should I make you do? Let's see... well, of course, there's the usual: keep your straight-A grades! I know History's a bit tricky this year, but you can do it. Watch more Crash Course and Hetalia, you can do it! And try not to procrastinate so much, okay? I mean, you've got a book report due in two days and you just started it. You've been doing better with missing assignments, but seriously, step it up a little more, okay? And don't forget to keep looking up those scholarships. You don't want to have to pay for college.
And how about you finish a book this year? Not a fanfiction, you write plenty of that. A real, publishable book with 50,000 words, at least. It's gotta be edited, revised, triple-checked, formatted, and ready to send off to publishers, got it? Then you can start of 2014 with a few submissions.
As for other writing goals, how about a poem a week? Every week, you're going to write a poem. It can be short, long, silly, sincere, whatever. It just needs to be a poem.
Also, try to get some more critique! The people over on Writing.com can be really helpful, and occasionally the people on FictionPress and dA are too. Critique is one of the best ways of getting better.
Oh, and don't forget about the spring musical! You're going to audition for Happy Days on Thrusday with your lines memorized, songs ready, and personalities ship-shape for Pinky and Joanie. Make sure you've got the other parts ready too, just in case you have to do a cold read- that way, it won't be a cold read. Good job so far on making it to all the drama meetings. You only missed one, and you were pretty sick. Keep up the good work!
Don't forget to work on your art, too. You're going to have a nice animation by the end of the year, okay? At least fifteen minutes, colored and shaded, need and rendered to perfection. Also, try to balance digital and traditional art. Don't neglect one or the other! If you get the chance, get some Prismacolors and Copics for traditional art.
Oh, and don't forget about that graphic novel you're working on! Two, including the one you're doing with Crystal. Make sure you keep up with that. Try for a page a month on each, as a starting goal. If you get good enough, step it up to a few a month, or even a page a week. Remember to develop your skills, though, and don't just go for speed.
And of course, read! You need to finish the Hunger Games before you die on the inside. Try and find some new fairy tales, too. And remember, Twelfth Night is on your reading list, so don't put it off too long. And get started on your manga and anime to-do lists. They may not be hard-core literature, but they're great fun.
While you're busy with all that, though, don't neglect your friends. You're lucky to have them, and you know what it's like not to have any. Try and make some new friends, too. Don't just stick with your fictional ones. As much as you hope, they'll never be real.
Keep up the good work!
Best Wishes,
You.

610 words
© Copyright 2013 Panthera Shadow (panther-shadow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914527-Dear-Me