*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914587-Dear-Me-contest-number-597313
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #1914587
A Motivational Contest for the New Year.
Dear Me

So, you think you can write. Well! Where is the proof? I know you love words and expressing yourself but is that enough? Remember, while writing is important to you, it is essential that you maintain your other interests. Hobbies such as gardening, patchwork and working on Family Photo Albums. These are what make you, you. Your participation in these activities you love can only help not hinder the creative aspects of your mind.

Oh! What about walking? Do not overlook the importance of this daily habit? Not only does it assist to maintain your health, It also helps to recharge your thoughts and get the creative juices flowing..

You have written poems, a few of them quite good. Still, there is much room for improvement. How can you improve your poetry writing? You could try writing several different forms of poem.

There are two short stories you have yet to complete and ideas for a novel, still not commenced.

You need to set goals to help you succeed. This requires commitment from you, so where will you start? Paying your membership was your first real step to becoming an active member of Writing.com. Today you completed your first review. How did that make you feel? It felt good to participate, did it not?

So, here is the plan. From today you will commit to;

1.  Reviewing. You will complete at least four reviews each month. On 30th April 2013 you will look at your progress and decide if you can commit to more reviews. ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

2.  Contests.  You will enter at least one competition each month and use the contests as prompts to inspire ideas for writing.

3.  Poetry.  You will write at least one new poem each month ensuring you try different styles of poems. These will be added to your portfolio.

4.  Story writing. You will write your short stories  into your portfolio. Any reviews you receive will assist you with necessary improvements. Your aim should be to complete one chapter each week. My first story is called "Outmanoeuvered". It contains fifteen chapters. Now is that a short story? It certainly is not a novel, is it? I have some things to learn about story writing. After fifteen weeks you will look at your progress and consider the next step to take with your story.

5.  Second story. In May 2013, you will write your second story into your portfolio. This one contains six chapters. Yes, it is a short story. It will be interesting to see how my story, 'Forever In His Sight" is received. You will then reflect on your achievements and improvements.

6.  During the latter six months of 2013 you will find out more about starting a blog.. This will be the time to see if this step is right for you.

7.  Novel Writing. In July 2013 you will commence that novel that has been buzzing around in your mind. For this to happen you need to be writing your thoughts as they come. They need to be on paper, not in your head.

8.  On a smaller scale but not less important, you will take a notepad and pen with you at all times. Remember the times when your creative  thoughts were wasted because you did not sit down and write, when you were feeling inspired. Where do all those wonderful thoughts and ideas go, I wonder?

9.  In December 2013 you will take a long hard look at your progress and assess any accomplishments.


I am looking forward to some good results from you. Remember it is all up to you.

From me.


There are 604 words in the above letter.
© Copyright 2013 Cherry Mac (cherylbaker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914587-Dear-Me-contest-number-597313