*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914728-IT-IS-BETTER-SAFE-THAN-SORRY
Rated: · Short Story · Children's · #1914728
IT'S ABOUT TWO KIDS WHO LOVE TO SWIM.
                       

            IT IS BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY



EDUDE is a village of substance, rich in good soil for planting and a big river for fishing. Most people who live there are farmers and fishermen.Every year after each reason, they did a festival. My grandmother lives there.



At the end of term in school, my parents promise to take me and my brother to the village to visit my grandma. Me and Emeka were very happy and can’t wait to be there with grandma and there was a stream near her house. We use to sneak there because grandma would never allow us, she would always say it is dangerous.



A week after we got holidays from school, we went to the village and grandma was very glad to see us. She had already prepared pounded yam and Egusi soup. After eating we were very tired and we went to bed. the next day when me Emeka woke up, as usual, we sneaked to the stream and began swimming. While we were swimming, I felt as if someone was holding my pant and pulling me, startled I looked over my shoulder and saw a crocodile, I shouted. Emeka who was ahead of me swam back and asked me why I was shouting, I told him to look behind me. He looked and saw the Crocodile. Without a moment passing, he jumped out of the water and started stoning the crocodile, but to no avail. I  thought I was going to die that day, I could not imagine it.



Emeka, seeing that his effort is useless ran home and called my father. When my father came, I was already in the middle of the water shouting and struggling. He jumped in and swam to me, with a cutlass in his hand, he cut the crocodile in the back, the crocodile left me and swam to the other side of the stream in pain. All this happened within five minute but seem like an eternity. My father swam me back to the bank of the stream and we went home.



Three hours later, my father went out and came back with a cane in his hand. Me and Emeka was flogged severely,we wept and pleaded for forgiveness. After 30min of severe flogging, he left us. Emeka and I wept ourselves to sleep that day. Since then, we never went to the stream again and never willing to. We've leant our lesson

                                                                                      HABII OTHMAN.

© Copyright 2013 HABII OTHMAN (habii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914728-IT-IS-BETTER-SAFE-THAN-SORRY