*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914744-My-Spiritual-autobiography
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #1914744
Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!
My Spiritual Autobiography



  Since an early age, I yearned to know who I was in relation to God and others. One of my early experiences involved getting lost, praying to God and finding my way back home. It defines how the call of God happens for me. There is a crisis, I call out to God and victory is not far away. In the act of Baptism and receiving my first communion I bore witness to a new reality. God loved me and gave me new life.

  Four months later I would get my chance my share how God was leading my life. God impressed on me a desire to write my (journey) testimony. The song "He Leadeth me" was playing as I got ready to deliver my sermon. I found myself singing audibly to myself. It has been a favorite of mine ever since. I was a member of a new family. By the power that came from God I graduated High school, college and Seminary. This was the springboard that lead to many years of successful ministry. I served two rural churches and Ruby Avenue.. Soon after, I was a chaplain resident in two different hospital settings, Osawatomie State Hospital and Research Medical Center, where I saw people healed through the power of prayer.

  The place I enjoyed serving most was Ruby Avenue Baptist Church. I heard a pastor say that even better than a new church plant was seeing one risen from the dead. I served there ten years and saw hundreds of youth come to know God's love. One of our specialties was a music and art program that took place during the week. There were only fourteen active members in church, so we depended on help from the community to keep us going. Every year there was opportunity for sharing more ministries with the community surrounding the church.

  My gift involves sharing the same release from spiritual bondage I knew. This has led me to be compassionate with others on the margins who might escape the churches view. I am a man on a mission to share that faith does matter. I see the bible as the Word of God and in it I see the testimonies of many others who struggled to find God.  What frees for ministry is knowing the same God that loved us can forever bring us back together to share love in a community of praise. As a facilitator lead I am determined to share that all things are possible through Christ that strenthens me.















© Copyright 2013 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914744-My-Spiritual-autobiography