*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914965-Deer-Vs-Wolf
Rated: 13+ · Other · Animal · #1914965
This is a piece of a story I have been working on. I'm sharing it to see what others think
A wolf walks cautiously across the street in front of my mom and I. Paranoid, it looks around, sniffing the fall air. From the trees a deer jumps out, its hooves landing on the wolf's pelvis. A howl and snap ring through the air. The pelvis protrudes out of the wolf's right side, blood starts to stain the once gray fur. With its antlers, the deer flips the wolf over. Blood slowly flows from the new stomach wound. The wolf howls again, as the deer bites away at the stomach tissue, pulling it open and revealing the internals. From where my mom and I are, we could see the wolf's heart pumping in its chest, and the lungs expanding to let in air. The deer growls and lacerates a leg off. A doe and her little fawn come out of the trees to eat on the unajoined limb. The buck eats at the intestines. My mom lightly touches the gas to go in reverse. The deer family looks up, and snarls at us with wolf remains hanging from their mouths. A moment later the deer family was gone in the forest, leaving behind a dilapidated wolf and a blood trail.
© Copyright 2013 Raven Joann Maaka (gothipire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1914965-Deer-Vs-Wolf