*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915372-Lesson-2-Assignment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Assignment · Other · #1915372
Using day to day inspiration to create story
He spied from across the street.  Every Friday night, the Keller’s did the same thing.  That meant time for a shower and something to eat before he disappeared for the weekend.  Eddie had secretly been living with Richard and Michelle Keller for three weeks.  In fact he was so fond of the couple he began referring to them as Ricky and Mickey.  Well, only in his head that is. 

Eddie adapted to their schedule, although he hadn’t actually met them.  So far so good.  His plans did not include getting these nice people involved in his business.  Laying low meant keeping everyone safe, mainly Eddie. 

He’d first snuck into the Keller home in the wee hours of the morning through a basement window.  People were after him and maybe even wanted him dead.  Eddie hadn’t intended to trespass, but when the opportunity presented itself, he dove in.  He soon learned the old house was occupied by a middle-aged couple who left at or around seven every morning for work. 

During the day he slept, watched TV, and used their computer.  He snooped a lot as well.  Ricky liked to do the morning crossword puzzle.  He owned a large vinyl collection of old records, and read books about the Civil War.  Mickey’s massive shoe collection filled several closets.  They didn’t have any children, but one of the bedrooms had been purposed and abandoned as a nursery long ago.
 
Eddie took over a back bedroom that the Keller’s used for storage and overflow of useless items.  A lot of it was boxes of stuff they never unpacked.  He used this to his advantage if he ever had to hide while they were in the house.  Camouflage he called it.  He also had his bedroll set up in the eight foot reach-in closet.  He kept his backpack hidden in the little cubby.

Eddie always left the house before five o’clock.

Richard almost always arrived home about forty-five minutes after Michelle.  They made dinner together, and then watched TV for awhile before going upstairs to read their books.  Lights out came around 10:30.  Friday’s were different.  They went grocery shopping at Costco in the evening.  Kind of like a date.

Eddie usually made a point of being gone while they were both home.  Tonight he needed to shower and change clothes, grab some grub and be on his way.  He had time though and he would utilize it to his advantage.

First things first though.  He checked the refrigerator and pulled out a can of Diet Pepsi and popped the top.  He removed the messenger bag and ran upstairs.

Grabbing a plump terry towel from the linen closet he stepped into the bath and used Richard’s electric razor on his face. Then he ran water for a shower.  When the room filled with steam he climbed in and sang, confident no one else heard him.

When he was through with his refreshing shower he went to Richard and Michelle’s bedroom. Standing in the Keller’s closet he selected a pair of jeans and a pull-over shirt.  Richard always bought several of the same things, especially when it was something he liked.  In this case, Richard owned five pairs of the same jeans and lucky for Eddie, they were about the same size. 

After Eddie was fully dressed, he sprinkled on some of Richard’s aftershave.  He liked patchouli.  He wiped down the shower and placed the towel at the bottom of the hamper.

Since the Keller’s were food shopping tonight, Eddie made himself an extra large ham sandwich.  He was careful to reseal everything as they would.  He rinsed the mayonnaise from the knife and placed it into the dish washer, then sat down at the kitchen table to eat.

Imagine his shock when he heard a key jingling in the door lock.
© Copyright 2013 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915372-Lesson-2-Assignment