*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915808-REVIEW--ValentineSurprise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Review · Opinion · #1915808
A Review Of "VALENTINE SURPRISE" by cherry-anne
Thank you for entering Round 50 of The Weekly Quickie, I hoped you enjoyed the experience and here is my review...

Entry Title: Valentine Surprise
Author: cherry-anne
My Gut-Level Reaction: Immediately engaging and arousing!

Review:

This was an entertaining read from the first word to the last. You developed a well-balanced sense of anticipation that culminated into the story's namesake, gave us two characters that interacted with believable dialogue and well-choreographed action within a plot we enjoy following. You gave description that effectively visualized the characters and setting without being heavy-handed. Your word choice was consistent and gave the story a signature. Abby and Ryan are given adequate dimension and come across as someone we either could know or might meet. The story hit the target prompt squarely by creating what I refer to as "justifiable romance"; Abby and Ryan have a relationship we can see, affection we can feel and sexual tension that has its due place. I particularly enjoyed the final, loving twist that completes the story and nails the prompt as Abby refers to them being apart on Valentine's Day and hands him the recording of what they'd done. This was erotic Erotica and your premise was elegant in its simplicity!

At the end of it my only question ( and it isn't much of one ) is if it is nice enough to have sex outdoors, why was Ryan riding a mountain bike uphill in jeans...? I know it isn't cold everywhere in February so I can accept Abby in shorts and a tee-shirt, the sex in the woods en flagrante, but the only trail riding I do in jeans is on a horse! Other than that all the elements fit together with a very polished precision, this was definitely a work to be proud of.



Rating: *Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


1st Place!
© Copyright 2013 Onyx: a PURPLE MANIAC! (onyxgemini22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1915808-REVIEW--ValentineSurprise