*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916248-The-Missing-Piece
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1916248
Alex Stephens is faced with a problem that turns his whole world upside down.
The sounds of cars passing made the silence feel like a permanent problem.As much as he wanted to go after Delilah he couldn't't make his feet be as eager as his heart.When it came down to everything he knew why she left,he had known even before that his habit would cause a lot of things to go downhill.It was common sense and any man had it or just about every man.The worst was over now ,he was alone and in a state of numbness.I guess this made him different because he was omitting the steps of depression ,he wasn't't in denial and he didn't't want to be upset so he wasn't't.As long as the pain stayed at a safe distance he would be fine.As beautiful as she was ,he would be replaced as soon as possible so that she could erase her memory of him.The rebound would be necessary but not enough and that's when the constant need for a relationship would begin.It would be awkward so many years later if they met in a store both knowing that they missed each other but not willing to admit it.Trying to act content and sane all at once and making everything in life seem so easy.But what would break his heart was if he saw his children calling another man Daddy.Steven had just turned four in April and Savannah had turned three in June.He opened the refrigerator door and grabbed a beer.He might never get the chance to play baseball with his son or keep his daughter's boyfriend in place.His head was pounding when he woke up on the floor with a picture frame in his hand.He turned over and pulled himself into a standing position.He flipped the picture frame over and remembered exactly why he felt so lifeless.It was one of the pictures they had taken just two weeks before she had left.

A month passed before i found out where she went.She had gone back home to her parents in Germany.The nearest airport in Florida was thirty minutes away.I figured it had taken her a while to pack but the note had been wrote over the course of a year.Delilah had been at home with the children and i had been at work for a week in Alanta,Gerogia.I came home,after a long day of driving, to and empty house.I ran through the house first looking for Delilah and then formy children.They were gone and all that was left of them was that dreadful note.I hit the wall making a hole that I later covered up. Since that day I developed a drinking problem. After going toto the police and telling them what happend they tracked her down .What she had done was called kidnapping and I had the right to press charges against her.
© Copyright 2013 krista christensen (emolovewanted at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916248-The-Missing-Piece