*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916456-Chapter-13-A-Busy-Day
Rated: GC · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1916456
Lots of unexpected things begin happening
WC 2300

Memory Lane

Petra turned and walked out onto the porch and down the stairs. The grounds were beautifully manicured. Several gardeners were at work weeding and trimming along the cobblestone drive that led into the chateau.

They paused in their labors and looked up with interest, watching to see her reaction. Beyond the trellised archway bordered by thick boxwood hedges, a breathtaking experience awaited. Walking underneath, the panorama exploded into view and the village spread out below. A series of plateaus sloped down from one to the next, each containing beds of flowers radiating in all directions. Winding this way and that was a crushed gravel pathway bordered by a sunken curb of brick, each in perfect alignment with the next. She clapped her hands in delight and breathed deeply. Stepping out the young woman descended down a gentle incline that twisted and turned, revealing new looks, each vista more overwhelming than the last. The architecture and rich colors were awe inspiring and the sheer sensory wonder, overwhelming.

As Petra took it in she noted, seated below, a solitary woman. Her powers were beginning to return and the Simian Elf felt the force of the distant figure become suddenly aware of her proximity.

Come join me, vized a telepathic message into her mind’s ear. It was a silent voice as crystal clear as if standing alongside.

It must be Mariana, Creedor’s Mother, she concluded.

Yes My Dear, your Mother-In-Law, I believe it's time we got acquainted.

Petra continued down the path until it reached an outcrop. Seated at a stone table was a lady in her mid fifties in an elegant black dress. Even in her drawn down psychic state, Petra could feel the dynamo of submerged power that radiated from the woman.

“Join me,” said Mariana.

Petra looked across at her mother-in-law. She had heard stories of the Emperor’s Dark Mistress and trembled, completely unsure, not knowing what to say.

“Don’t believe everything you’ve been told,” said Mariana.

“I’m honored to make your acquaintance,” Petra stammered taking a seat.

“Likewise.” The dark woman removed her gloves and sighed.

“Alas I'd all but given up on my son finding someone and suddenly, VOILA! You show up."

“It’s not exactly as it appears.”

“You presume I’m in the dark as to my son’s appetites. Do you really think that?”

“No, my lady, forgive me, I only thought---”

“I know exactly what you’re thinking and I want you to know I’m delighted with the arrangement. You do want children don’t you?”

“Yes, but---"

“Then this will work out just fine. As a matter of fact it already has.”

“I beg your pardon?”

“If you were in full command of your wits you wouldn't be wondering.”

The deference in Mariana's tone was irritating but Petra masked her emotions.

“Then please explain.”

“Well, to begin with your menstrual cycle has been closely monitored and the wedding had to be moved up to take advantage of the timing.”

“You think I might be---?”

“Then there’s the tingle”

“The tingle?”

“That unmistakable tingle, the vibration, a psychic resonance that cries out at conception. Surely your mother told you about the tingle.”

“I don't remember much about my mother."

“So sad. I wish you could’ve experienced it my dear, and I’m sure you will with future pregnancies, when your psychic powers are once more restored.”

“You sensed this, 'tingle'?”

“It was more than that my dear, it was a sigh of pure joy.”

“I’m going to have a baby?”

“We don’t know the sex yet. If it’s a girl the likelihood approaches certainty. If it’s a male, that becomes considerably more dicey. Very few males conceived by a Simian female are carried full term and then there’s the Blood Curse.”

“I’m sorry, the Blood Curse?”

“Your husband is a “Back-Breed.” You know what that means? “

“No.”

Mariana, sighed. "It’s a death warrant.”

“Huh? “

“Creedor’s father was a Golden.”

Petra gasped! “You bedded a Golden?”

“Don’t make it sound so obscene. He was the first love of my life."

“What happened?”

“He suffered an unfortunate “Accident.” Goldens are very adept at arranging accidents when they feel the purity of their bloodline is in jeopardy.”

“He was murdered?”

“A rather blunt characterization, but I prefer it to the euphemism.”

“Wasn’t Creedor also at risk?”

“Very much so, and I’m glad you bring up the point. If the child you carry is a male and you carry to term, it will be a challenge to protect the infant's life.”

“Oh my goodness. Are you certain?”

“Of course I’m certain. I’ve spent my life watching out for my boy. Having him reside, in this of all places, is a mother’s worst nightmare. There's always a plot being cooked up to take his life and we're always on our guard to ferret them out. Didn’t you hear the words at the wedding, ”Abomination and Tainted Blood,” hollered out from the street?"

“Yes, but---”

"No buts about it, they are quite upset that Creedor has decided to marry a Simian Elf. Get used to walking around with a bulls eye on your back. Why do you think we have a guard at your door?"

“They want to kill my baby?”

"Yes my dear, thats exactly what they want. You for starters, so they won't have to worry about offspring. This is why, in the days ahead, you must pay attention as I impart to you all the lessons I've learned in mayhem, treachery and deceit. Like it or not, and I know you have plenty of misgivings, we are family now and I’m the closest thing to a mother you’re ever going to have.

Petra's lower lip began to tremble. “You’ll find me a quick study.”

“I was so hoping you would say that and we could face this challenge as friends. Now first things first. I’ve seen to it that you no longer have to drink that dreadful water. Second that this disgusting practice of collecting body fluids will be discontinued. Already I sense the return of your powers and in a week or so you should be in full command of your old self.”

“Have you told your son of the new arrangements?”

Marianna was troubled by these indirect references to her son. Petra needs to start thinking of Creedor as a husband and not some abstraction.

“Your husband understands the complexity of the challenges we face. We’re going to need your help and cooperation during the term and afterwards. He'll be walking on egg shells to insure you maintain a placid state of mind. He doesn’t want to upset you and accept the blame if you miscarry. Don’t take advantage of your leverage, because he knows how to bide his time and get even after the delivery. On the other hand, use the opportunity of gain his trust and and I can assure you, that he’ll meet your efforts halfway.”

“What do you want me to call you?”

“Whatever you're comfortable with. Mariana is fine for now. I’m so glad we had this time to chat before supper tonight. We can expect you?”

“Yes ma’am,” replied Petra, “Nine O’clock sharp.”

….

After her walk Petra returned to the Chateau and climbed the winding staircase to her room. She was dreading dinner and wondered what the evening had in store. Big Mort was sitting at the door and stood as she walked up.

”Good evening Mrs. Kratz,” He struggled with the key, fumbling with the lock to her suite. “There we have it.”

Petra was hoping that Hilda would be dropping by. She hated being alone and enjoyed the small talk and company.

“Do you know my new hand maid?”

“Who would that be? Mrs. Kratz.”

”Her name is Hilda.”

Mort started! A bit of an over reaction to a name, Petra noted and her curiosity was aroused.

“Hilda?” Mort answered, mulling it slowly as if wondering what to say next.

Her psychic awareness reached out. Intuitively she extended a "feeler" into his mind and began watching the video of his awareness.

“I think I know who she is,” he said at last.

“That’s right," Petra replied, encouraging him to continue, "You were on the night shift when Hilda made her rounds.”

”Yes ma’am. I let her in and out of the confinement facility.”

Into Mort’s awareness there came a sudden flashback. The obscenity was so unexpected it took her by surprise. It was a clip of imagery showing Hilda, her hand working his erection back and forth.

”Oh my goodness” Petra blurted, covering her face.

"Is something troubling you?" Mort asked.

“How well do you know her?”

The big man flushed. “Not very well... just seen her going back and forth.”

"I see… " A half-truth, she noted with a smirk. “Is there something you’re holding back?”

Visibly shaken he shook his head in denial. “”Nothing I can think of.”

He flashed again and it was worse than before. Hilda was pointing with one hand into her vagina and beckoning to him with the other. Her voice cried out. “Want to tame me big guy?”

Petra was shocked. The scene was so bizarre her jaw dropped open… Hilda and Big Mort? Getting it on? Who would have ever thought that? With a strong exercise of will she composed herself .

“If she drops by please let her in. I could use a rubdown before going to bed. I hear she gives a great massage.”

Again Mort flashed, this time with an image of Hilda, impaled on his cock, hunching back and forth. Her face was impassioned, eyes glazed with lust.

“Yes Ma’am, I’ll let her right in.”

As the door closed, Petra exhaled and shook her head in disbelief. Her mind reeled from the graphic results of her eavesdropping. There was more to her girl friend than she’d ever realized. She stood for some minutes looking pensively out the window. Then the door opened and Hilda walked into the bedroom.

“Mort says you’re asking questions.”

“I didn’t realize the two of you were having a relationship.”

"Woe onto me," exhaled Hilda, in a tone of utter dejection. She knew the futility of lying. It was one thing when Petra was drawn down but lately her psychic powers had started returning. She was reminded of that prickly feeling that came when Mr. Kratz was around, the same she'd been getting lately from Petra.

“We only did it once," Hilda answered in a plea of anguish. " Mort asked me for a massage. I felt sorry for him and after that, well things sort of got out of hand. I remember wiping my face and getting some of that damn salve on my nose. After that I don't know what came over me.” Hilda despaired admitting she'd been unfaithful.

Petra rolled her eyes. “I’ll say things GOT OUT OF HAND. It's all Big Mort seems to have on his mind.”

"It doesn’t change anything between us," said Hilda tearing up. "I swear it doesn't. It was a huge mistake. Honest, it was my first time with a man and I promise it'll never happen again."

“I promise, it'll never happen again," Petra mimicked." You cheating bitch, how could you?"

"I'm sorry, so very sorry."

"What a SLUT! You know I can't let your wantonness go unpunished?"

"You're going to beat me?"

"With a razor strap, until that fat ass is black and blue." The tone of mock seriousness was replaced by a peal of laughter, "Had you going didn't I?"

Hilda sniffled, still filled with remorse.

"Come to Prissy Pants," said Petra extending her arms, “Its Okay Hildi, honest it is.” The two embraced and stood swaying back and forth. That is until the Simian froze. “Sakes,” she uttered, blanching white.

“What is it? What is it?“

Petra dropped to her knees staring in wonder at Hilda’s stomach.

“You know something, don’t you? Oh my goodness gracious, please tell me. ”

Petra looked up. “There’s a fetus growing in your belly. You’ve been knocked up, Girl.”

“But we only did it once.”

“How many times do you think it takes?”

“What will I tell my parents?” Hilda despaired. “They’ve been so proud and now I’m disgraced! “

“You might calm down for starters. You’re not the only one pregnant, or have you forgotten?"

“But you, you don't know for sure.”

“The heck I don't, Mariana told me.”

"And she already knows?"

"Trust me, she knows."

“But you’re married and that sort of thing is expected.”

“Thanks for the reminder. Now take a deep breath and let me think. Hmmmm. This is not hard. Go tell Mort. “

“I’m so embarrassed. Do I have to?”

“I’m so embarrassed,” she mimicked again.

Hilda began to sob, uncontrollably.

“That does it!” Petra stormed to the door and jerked it open. Mort leaped to his feet.

“I got a message from your Sweetheart," she exclaimed, "Hilda's knocked up.”

“Gee Willikers! Was it me?

"Was it me?" Petra mimicked sarcastically. "When you popped her, she bled all over. Know anything about virgins?

"Not much, but yeah, now that you mention it."

“Listen up MORTIMER, what I want to hear from you is that you intend doing the right thing.”

“Shucks, I'm tickled to death!" he said, eyes sparkling.

“PROBLEMS SOLVED!” shouted Petra over her shoulder, dusting her hands in satisfaction.

Mort smiled broadly. He peered into the room and waved sheepishly. His movement caught Hilda’s attention and she looked up making eye contact.

“I’d be proud to be your husband, if you’ll have me.”

“THERE! How was that for a response? Sounds like a proposal to me. Answer him Hildi, don't just stand there blubbering.”

“I will, I mean I do,” Hilda stammered. “You’ll never regret this Mort. I swear, I’ll make you the best damn wife ever was.”
© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916456-Chapter-13-A-Busy-Day