*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916484-Dear-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jiva
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #1916484
Mainly wrote for the contest, my Dear Me entry is a reminder by me to myself.
Dear Me,
         2012 came and went in a twinkle of an eye. Kick starting it with a lengthy to-do list with scoring flying colors in the public exams being on the top, number two was never looked at. Let alone, number three, four, five and so on. However, 2012 turned out to be an awesome year indeed. Yes, 2012 was a great year! 2013 only has to be greater. Striking off only one of the hundreds from my last year's resolutions list, I've heaved the burdensome responsibility which had been a really serious pain in the neck off my shoulders. Since that's no more in the list, I'm super-confident that I could allot my time, concentration, and most of all, my will equally to all my resolutions I've set for this year.
         Before getting my head on more specific and critical items, first, I should monitor my eating habits and exercising patterns. My aim to shed some fatty layers and to lose some pounds is yet to be achieved. A very essential one. From size M to S, is it so impossible? It shouldn't be although it had been all these days, due to my indiscipline. So, all that I've got to do is to transform my carbohydrate based breakfast into a very healthy one which consists of a whole skinless mango with a glass of milk. I'm going to practice a quarter plate of rice, a quarter plate of protein and half a plate of vegetables for lunch and my dinner shall be consumed by eight at night and should only be made up of oil-free light meals such as two slices of non-buttered toasts or fruit salads. The most crucial element of my diet for 2013 is that fried courses would be strictly forbidden so that I'd have lesser calories to burn. Another significant rule I'm considering about my diet is to avoid myself munching on junkies and snacks in between meals. And, where my exercise routines are concerned, I've resolved to jog around the town, a round a day, consistently without fail. I've also planned to take up Yoga classes on weekends to increase my muscles' flexibility and before hitting the hay, I shall do fifty sit-ups. Although this may look slightly silly, it wouldn't be surprising if I managed to trim down my waist and hips with keen determination and diligence.
         Making weight losing a priority on my list, keeping up with my lessons goes second. I'm well-informed that studies this year aren't going to be like the past years. As I've leveled up, my lessons will be getting complicated too. So, packing away my friskiness, I'd be a student who's more serious about her lessons, hereafter. I shall not doze off in class, especially in Biology and History, in which my teachers' voice would be so melodious that it sounds like a lullaby. Speaking of lessons, I’ve set my aims high on finishing my homework up to update. I shall complete them before I start my day on Facebook, that’s it. Why am I suddenly so conscious of my lessons? Well, it’s just this. Being a nation-topper in the public exams isn’t easy. Although I weren’t very serious about education last year, somehow I managed to be a nation-topper. Of course, I thanked The Supreme for that but then I realized something when 2013 begun: ‘Doing a good job isn’t at all a big deal but keeping up the good work is. Improving is.’ Considering that, I understood that I shouldn’t, by any means, stop progressing but keep developing my range of knowledge so that the respect I’ve created for my parents, teachers and me isn’t besmirched.
         Sliming. Lessons. Writing follows these. Miss Lydia suggested Niexter to me last year. Well, if I’m wondering what’s Niexter, then that may be some problems with my memory which might have been provoked by the cramming of academic into the billions of my pitiful brain cells. Niexter is the teen pullout published on every Thursdays in The New Straits Times. So, where was I? Oh, yeah! I’m going to write as much as I could for it. Much means… well, I’m going to come up with three issues for this year, as I’ve planned them, they’re would most probably be ‘Sleep’, ‘Chocolates’ and ‘Spectacles’. I would also most likely write fifteen free articles for it and help out with the other editors to write the articles they’d like me to, for at least, every week. I would also write five short stories and fifteen articles for School Times, which is Niexter’s companion as they call it. Since stuff@school of The Star is the most difficult to write to, I’d be contented even if two of the hundreds of stories I’d be sending in gets published. Besides writing for the teen pullouts of some local newspapers, I shall also join NanoWrimo (National Novel Writing Month) of 2013. Last year, I stopped where I started. Don’t get confused. I’m trying to mean that I did nothing more that registering for the site. I penciled down outlines for a story but I didn’t have much time to finish it so, I’m not letting it happen this year as I’m unhesitatingly decided on publishing my very own novel by the end of 2013. So, fingers crossed!
         And… Reading. Yes, have I forgotten about my long lost hobby? All those Artemis Fowls, Fableheavens, and classic tales I bought last holidays at the Big Bad Wolf book sale are snoring soundlessly in the long racks of my huge bookshelf. Genuinely, I didn’t stop reading but just paused it for a moment to converge all of my concentration to the public examinations I sat for, last year. In the end, I only managed to read The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer after the exams were over. In that case, I’m going to read two books for a month at the very least. Completing all the seven books in Septimus Heap series would be first on the list followed by The Spooks’ and maybe I’d proceed with Lord of The Rings.
         From what I’ve analyzed about my activities last year, most of them were only education related as I were as busy as a bee – maybe busier – working diligently and dedicatedly on my public examinations. Most of the regular things I do as a routine were hindered so dear me, please bear in mind to work as twice as harder as I always do keep up with the books and writings. Likewise, the resolutions list this year should NOT be treated like they had been for the past years. Please, please, please listen to me and invest the fullest of my commitment to ensure that all my upcoming endeavors succeed. As the saying goes, ‘what we sow is what we reap’ so, plant my best to harvest the best.

With love and care,
I


1,148 words
© Copyright 2013 Jiva (mizbiola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916484-Dear-Me