*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916593-Amber
by OOT™
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1916593
Brett regrets teasing Amber.
Image for a story.


Amber felt like a doormat. She didn't fit in with the other kids, and they were quick to remind her. Every day. Several times per day. Her father had become withdrawn after her mother died last year, and he barely knew she was around. Amber had nobody to turn to.

"Only babies have pigtails. Did your mommy braid them for you?" Brett yanked one of her pigtails as he taunted her. As always, Amber did her best to ignore him. But he wouldn't let it go.

"Your pants are much too short. Didn't your mommy teach you how to dress?"

Brett knew her mother was dead. Everyone knew she had taken her own life. Her last words still echoed in Amber's head. I don't think I can control it anymore. It's just too much. Amber still struggled to understand. Were people taunting her mother they way they were her? What couldn't she control? There were more questions than answers. Brett continued, bringing her out of her reverie.

"Those shoes are so dorky. You're just a big DORK..."

All of the anger from the months of taunting and teasing bubbled to the surface.

"SHUT UP!" Amber screamed. Her heart was pounding, and her eyes were burning with rage.

"Amber. Y...your eyes..." Brett backed away in horror as he watched Amber's eyes begin to
glow a bright red.

"I...I'm s...sorry. I...I didn't m...mean to..." Before Brett could finish, fire came from Amber's eyes and ignited his body. Soon, he was nothing but ashes.

Amber had finally learned her mother's secret.
© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916593-Amber