*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916972-Russia-Against-Military-In-Syrian-Crisis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Carson
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1916972
Russia against any military involvement in Syria.
Russian representative Sergey Lavrov stated at the Munich Conference in Germany that any military involvement in the Syrian crisis would be completely unacceptable. Even if the military intervention aims to create an air-protected humanitarian corridor. Lavrov continued to state that "We need to see the world for the way it is. We need to recognize that military operations bring more chaos into international matters and can send off waves of instability that will be impossible to hide from in any of what we may think as an island of security."

Sergey Lavrov confirmed that Syrians arsenal of chemical weapons is under full control of the country's government and poses no danger as long as the weapons do not fall into the hands of the rebels. Lavrov continued to say that peace can still be reached by the rebels and Al-Assad's regime.

United States Vice President Joe Biden expressed a different view on the matter. Biden stated "President Assad a tyrant hellbent on clinging to power, is no longer fit to lead the Syrian people and must go!" Lavrov replied by saying "We have many questions as too the policies of our western colleagues. Can you justify terror methods for the purposes of regime change? Can you fight same enemies in one conflict if you ally with them in another? How do you make sure the illegally supplied weapons don't turn against yourself?”

It is certain that Russia and the United States relations are starting to perhaps grow weaker by the day. It seems as if the United States is willing and wanting to get military involvement in Syria. Many reports are coming out that the United States government is supplying weapons to the rebels which are being lead by the same terrorist organization that was accused of the 9/11 attacks in 2001. So perhaps instead of the West and United Nations pressuring Russia, Russia should perhaps start pressuring them?
© Copyright 2013 Carson (carson27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916972-Russia-Against-Military-In-Syrian-Crisis