*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917021-US-Wants-Direct-Talks-With-Iran
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Carson
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1917021
Biden wants direct talks with Iran, under certain conditions.
While at the Munich Conference in Munich, Germany, United States Vice President Joe Biden said that the U.S. government is open to direct talks with the Iranian government. Biden said The United States "would be prepared to meet bilaterally with Iranian leadership." The two nations have had tension for awhile now, primarily due to Iran's nuclear program.

Iranian foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi said he hopes incoming U.S. Secretary Of State "John Kerry" would work towards softening Washington's policies towards Iran. And that Kerry could hopefully rectify the United States Anti-Iranian policies and outlook.

Attempts to have talks with Iran's government through the P5+1 group (the five members of the United Nations Security Council and Germany) have been a failed attempt and have stalled these last few months. The lack of progress has put pressure on the Obama administration to rethink it's approach to the situation.

The United States main concern is that even while talks have been continued to be made between the U.S. and Iran, Iran continues to enrich uranium. Last month the United States put more sanctions on companies targeting the Islamic nation. As well as going after individuals and companies that have apparently been supplying supplies and technology to Tehran's nuclear programs. The sanctions the United States has put in pace also target Iran's economy and Iran's ability to produce nuclear materials.

Iran claims the nuclear program is for civilian energy purposes only. The United Nations is still debating whether Iran's claims are true or if the Iranian government intentions are for military reasons.

Since 2010 the United States and the European Union have slapped Iran with an oil embargo and sanctions targeting it's banks and certain businesses. The current outlook is dim for the United States and Iran will continue to develop their nuclear program with no concern over what Obama's administration thinks.
© Copyright 2013 Carson (carson27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917021-US-Wants-Direct-Talks-With-Iran