*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917935-What-Happened
Rated: E · Lyrics · Political · #1917935
Critical observation of the causes of our current state of helplessness.
What happened
What happened was minute men piled up high adding up to hours, what happened was the new transition of power. Old money to new money you could count both with both hands. From the owners of the sea to the owners of land. What happened was propaganda and public deception, only wealthy war lords setting the foundation and participating in elections. What happened was overzealous spending weighing us down till we could no longer float, What happened was losing gold and silver to promissory notes. What happened was fearfully trading all we had for more protection, what happened was a dark age church state resurrection. What happened was secondary entity patriotism and "in God we trust", but as it's always been the happenings are solely up to us.
© Copyright 2013 capricornscorn (capricornscorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1917935-What-Happened