*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1918689-Old-Soldier-Ways
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Sci-fi · #1918689
One woman finally makes her choice.
Corsica Walsh never had a choice. She was raised a soldier against her will, became an amoral drunk  and finally forced to kill an innocent woman to save her own skin. However, the woman had a daughter and now a mysterious agency wants the girl. The girl has no idea who Corsica is or why her mother is dead but knows that Corsica is her only means of safety. Corsica must deal with the guilt of all that she has done and keep the secret from the girl, all the while relearning what it means to be truly human and evading capture from an agency that is always a step ahead. Capture means death for Corsica and enslavement for the girl. Corsica never had a choice for her childhood but she will kill or die to make sure the girl does.

-----xxxx-----


Corsica Walsh didn't know the target had a daughter when she pulled the trigger. In fact, Corsica had known nothing but war since her childhood. Raised as a child soldier against her will and never given a choice for her own childhood, Corsica must save the young girl who she orphaned from enslavement while being hunted across the sprawling metropolis of the planet Fortuna. However, the eyes of the agency are everywhere and escape will not be that easy.

Utilizing all her military training, Corsica must find a way off the planet and fast. With the girl in tow and a gun in her hand, Corsica must fight against her past and present to establish the girl's future. Along the way Corsica revisits the pain of war and the consequences of her actions. It will be worth it, Corsica knows but doubts her own motivation. One thing remains certain however. No matter what happens the girl will have a choice in her life and Corsica is willing to do anything to make it happen.

-----xxxx-----



Thank you for considering my book.
© Copyright 2013 Pacific Blue (pacific_blue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1918689-Old-Soldier-Ways