*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919035-The-Forgotten-School
by kc1998
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1919035
A child finds a old abandoned school, what secrets could lie within?!.

March 12th, 2003. Jake, age: 10.

Jake was riding home from school when the school bullies appeared behind him, Jake came to a halt as they circled his bike. One taunted him saying" where ya going Jake?". He started to become nervous and tried to leave, but they stopped his bike. One of them whisked away his backpack and began looting through it, the other two pushed him off his bike and threw it into a ditch.


Meanwhile the principal was going and came around the corner just as they were about to beat the hell out of Jake. The principal shouted" hey, what are you doing to this young man?!" .The daring trio scrambled away and one of them had Jake's cellphone, bike lock and mini- laptop. Jake picked up his backpack to discover some of his stuff was missing so he walked home to call 911 for theft. Luckily he knew where they lived and gave 911 the addresses.


The next day at school Jake was handed back his stuff by his teacher and heard the bullies were doing community service for 5 days. Meanwhile, Roger, Tom, and Sam were pushing the mops around during their service and Sam said" this stinks, Jake's gonna pay!". Meanwhile Jake was sitting in class working on a science quiz and handed it in, his teacher Johnson said" excellent work, you get a A Jake!".


The bell rang for lunchtime and everyone flowed towards the cafeteria for lasagna. Jake got his food and went to sit at his usual table, but sat somewhere else because the bullies were sitting there. Jake was eating his food when his friend showed up and handed him a apple in trade for his chocolate milk. They exchanged their items and the recess bell rang. Jake & Nathan ran outside to the swing sets and chatted while swinging back and forth.


30 minutes passed and the bell rang once more, signaling the start of math & history class. everyone lined up and proceeded to their classrooms. 1 hour later the bell rang signaling the end of the day. Jake packed up his stuff and headed outside with Nathan. They began unlocking their bikes and proceeded to Jake's to play some video games. They were riding along when Sam, Roger and Tom came out of nowhere and began following the two boys. Jake & Nathan got nervous and sped up trying to get away.


Act II: The Vultures Strike :.


The bullies chased them around the corner along denizen street 5th avenue, Jake & Nathan saw the forest and devised a plan called" let's get the fuck outta here!". They whipped sideways into the forest and hid there until the bullies passed by. Nathan noticed that there were only two of them that passed. Roger jumped out of the bushes behind them, pinned them and called over Sam & Tom. Jake got a hand free and hit Roger upside his head with a rock, Roger lost his grip of the two screaming in pain and felt his head. He said"shit" as his hand had blood on it.


Roger became enraged and all 3 hopped on their bikes after Nathan & Jake. Jake & Nathan were riding fast trying to get away but Sam rolled up next to Nathan and smacked him off his bike. Jake stopped for a brief second watching Nathan get pounded by the trio and wondered what to do. He made his decision and left Nathan with the vultures. The trio rode away and left Nathan bleeding and missing teeth. Nathan was found by a couple walking through the forest three minutes later and was brought to the local hospital. His parents were informed and came to the hospital to visit Nathan.


Jake was still riding through the forest feeling horrible for leaving his friend for dead. He saw a building off to his left and decided to check it out, he got there and it turned out to be a mummified school. Crows laughed as he got closer to the door of the school. He grabbed the handle and the crows flew away. He opened the doors and ventured inside. He saw a old man down the hall and yelled" hey who are you?". The old guy turned around and said" Leave, there are secrets here that can kill". Jake stood his ground and looked left for a second, he looked back and the elder was gone!". Jake heard a strange screech down the hall to his left and went left.


Jake got down the hall and nothing was there, he wondered what did that and heard it again. The hallway began to smell like rotting flesh, Jake was beginning to freak out so he ran back to the exit. He got there but it was only a brick wall now and he didn't see a single window. Jake was still smelling rotting flesh and wondered what was going on. He saw a book on the floor and began brushing it off. The minute he opened that book a gravestone appeared in front of him. It had nothing on it and Jake jumped back when it zoomed into the ground.


Jake began walking down the hallway to his right and came across a door. it had" Room 13 engraved on it. He reached for the doorknob but the door blew off it's hinges and smacked down into the room. The walls of the room were smothered in numbers and drawings. Jake couldn't see them but several twisted souls were all around him. He came across a drawing of a big school on fire and wondered if this place had burned.


A door appeared on the wall in front of him and a cold breeze knocked him off his feet. Jake said" What the?!" as the door slowly opened itself. A scarred hand reached around the door and left a big scratch on it. The walls began to bleed and Jake scrambled to the door and fell into a classroom. There were children sitting at their desks and the teacher was screaming at a boy in the back. Nobody seemed to see him standing in the classroom and Jake said hey what's going on. The teacher turned around and Jake screamed, the teacher had no eyes and was bleeding from her sockets. Everything began burning and the students melted as the teacher ran at Jake.


Another door opened and Jake ran for it as the eyeless teacher's screams turned to spine chilling laughter. He opened the door and was in a field, the same teacher was sitting on a bench and he screamed" WHAT'S GOING ON!". The teacher looked at Jake and was crying. Jake came up to the teacher and asked why she was crying. She didn't respond and another door appeared in front of her. Jake nervously reached for the doorknob and the teacher grabbed his wrist. He turned around and crows came out of her eye sockets. He pulled himself free from her and pushed the door open. A light blinded him but began to fade, Jake was in front of a house and heard yelling.


He saw a man beating the teacher into a corner while yelling"STOP!". The man stopped and drove away in his ford 250. She was whisked away in the form of ashes by the wind and a door appeared in front of the boy. He opened the door and was in Room 13 again, the students were there but no teacher. He heard a fire alarm and the students jumped out the windows, Jake went for the window. He jumped and fell into Room 13, he became confused and wondered how he just fell back into the same room.


This time blood painted the walls and the mysterious boy was lying in a pool of blood. Jake went to grab him but a wall of flames cut him off from the boy. The boy floated up and began spinning around in mid air. Jake watched as the boy span around and it stopped. The boy slowly burnt while holding a torn teddy bear. Jake saw a massive gate appear on the wall behind the burning boy and ran for it hoping this was a way out of the school.


Jake pushed the gates open and was in a graveyard now, there were 13 gravestones and a tall one in the center. The boy & teacher were floating above the gravestone in the middle. Jake read all the gravestones and went to read the one in the middle. It said"death by fire": 1896-2001- Jimmy & Claire, Jake looked around the stone and a double door appeared.He opened it and saw the teacher holding a lighter down the hall, Jake yelled" CLAIRE!" and she looked at him with tears building in her eyes.


She grabbed Jimmy, lit a bundle of gas cans and screamed" TO HELL WITH THIS SCHOOL AND MY LIFE!!!" just as the bundle of cans exploded. Claire and Jimmy exploded in a ball of fire and Jake began crumbling into ash. The old man appeared once more and said" The twisted soul of Claire takes all who disturb her ancient slumber. Jake slowly was rotting away and said" Well at least I know what happened, I guess curiosity really kills sometimes!. Jake finally was whisked away by the wind.


Jake woke up screaming in his room and looked around noticing that he wasn't burning in hell or dead. he heard a familiar voice and the teacher walked out of the wall next to him. She was bleeding from her sockets with no eyes and Jimmy knew he really was dead, it was merely a illusion and he watched the walls fall into ash.



If you didn't figure out who the old man is, he is the father of Jimmy and the one who was beating the teacher into a corner earlier in the story. And Jimmy is the their son.


© Copyright 2013 kc1998 (kc1998 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919035-The-Forgotten-School