*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919404-Witness-to-witness-5
Rated: E · Other · Psychology · #1919404
The continuing saga of a man's determination to stay sane and connected
March 21, 2012
Upon waking up today I feel an urge to preach. What would I preach that others might want to hear? The word “retrograde” is one word comes to mind. It is a word my family back East used to describe feeling out of it, without feeling totally out of touch. When we used the word among ourselves it almost always brought a laugh. All of a sudden it was not so bad to feel out of sorts. It is not the end of the world-we can get through it together. In a biblical sense it describes a believer’s hope in the midst of so much that seems to go wrong. What’s the worst thing that could happen!!? You might get crucified! Then I recall a scripture that says that “I” am crucified with Christ”! I realize when I am crucified and condemned with Christ I can look forward to resurrection. Therefore feeling that we are in a state of retrograde is not the worst thing. We are all reminded by God’s word that there is something that transcends disconnection.

The word revitalizes my hope is love. It is the realization that at any given moment no one can take away our love. I thought of this constantly as I was in the throes of divorce. I long to share with the the world a messge from God I and others are holy and unique. God sees in me what others tend to be blind to. I am determined to share in God's time that nothing can separate from the love of God. As Corey Ten Boom would say that God’s love is so much greater than any pit someone might put you into.

I share my witness and willingness to be with(ness) so that others hear this good news. All of us know of circumstances beyond our control that lead us to feel discouraged or out of sorts. God sends a spirit in the person of Jesus Christ that can put the courage back into us. This is the essence of the word in greek for comforter!! It as if I felt cold and God sent warmth, so that I might feel energized to face another day. I no longer want to sleep my life away, I want to wake up with others to share God’s love in the best and worst of circumstances. We learn that with every victory of love realization God will come through in the end.
© Copyright 2013 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919404-Witness-to-witness-5