*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919617-Silence-in-black-and-white-10-Scott
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Philosophy · #1919617
There's a certain silence best portrayed in black and white. Reds scream, green grows...
Silence in black and white

         for Scott

There's a certain silence best portrayed in black and white. Reds scream, green grows and blue moves to our notion of sky and water.

There's a stillness beyond silence in myriad shades of grey, what's reflected in the eyes not obscured by "what color are they?". The camera captures a moment in the de-composure of characters, this still-life mimed. Even a scream devoid of sound allows the viewer to compose a horror story best told without rhyme.

And the moments (are they silent?) of developing the film, exposing the silver gelatin, alone in a room, red lit, while this sameness dissolves into shadow and light... What voice would dare describe it? What smile or stare that you've captured can speak of it? Images stay silent, eloquent in silence. It is the quiet that endures.

© Kåre Enga [168.205] #10 Scott November, 9, 2011.

Note to self, earlier version:

There's a certain silence best portrayed in black and white. Reds scream, green grows and blue moves with our notion of sky and water.

There's a stillness beyond silence what's reflected in the eyes not obscured by "what color are they". The camera captures a moment in the de-composure of characters, a mime, a still-life. Even a scream devoid of sound composes a horror story best told without rhyme.

And the moments (are they silent?) of developing the film, exposing the silver gelatin, alone in a room, red lit, while sameness dissolves into shadow and light. What voice would dare describe it? What smile or stare you have captured can speak of it? The images stay silent, eloquent in silence. It is the quiet that endures.
© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919617-Silence-in-black-and-white-10-Scott