*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919984-Get-Echo-Query
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Drama · #1919984
Query for Get Echo
Tough-minded, twenty-one year-old Echo Davis is plagued by sinister and dangerous emotions. Attending a party months after her parents tragic demise, Echo is raped and pushed over the edge, resorting to her only outlet, a 'bad boy' she meets named David Nash. She tumbles head first into a dark world of deadly drugs, tremendous danger, and all-consuming risks.



After spending a wild night with her friends, Echo finds herself waking up in the hospital after a car accident while under the influence of alcohol and narcotics. In order to keep her from hurting herself again, the judge gives her an ultimatum: be admitted to rehab, or spend time in prison. Angry and feeling betrayed by those around her, Echo knows she doesn’t have a choice, and must head to the Heartland rehabilitation center and under the care of psychiatrist Mark Johnson.



Teeming with irresistible humor and enduring drama, Echo Davis, her new friends, and Doctor Mark Johnson are forced to face their secrets and take on unrelenting challenges. Through tears, laughter, and friendship, the conflicting troop soon learns that life is nothing to take for granted. Throughout the novel Echo allows herself to be more vulnerable as Doctor Johnson, the staff, and the remarkable patients chip away at the wall surrounding her heart.



My name is Amber Kuhlman and I wrote my first short story in middle school. Since that day, I’ve been unable to stop writing and have received great satisfaction in creating and writing novels for my generation. In 2008 I self published a book called Like No Tomorrow. Get Echo was inspired by the many teens and adults alike in our society struggling with drugs, eating disorders, and mental illnesses.



Thank you for considering my query. I hope that you will want to read Get Echo, and I would be glad to send you either an excerpt or the complete manuscript.
© Copyright 2013 Amber Kuhlman (kuhlambe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1919984-Get-Echo-Query