*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920355-The-Parable-of-the-Sower
by Alexi
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Contest Entry · #1920355
My reflections on these verses and what they have meant in my life.
February Writing prompt: The parable of the sower. ( Matt 13: 1-9 // Mark 4: 1-9 // Luke :8 :4-8)

The Parable of the Sower.
A simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson.

Moral.
Concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour.

The Path.
Concrete don't want to know. You're too serious I want to live life my way. Don't believe in all that religious stuff.

Rocky places.
Yes I used to believe all that and it was ok for a while but, It's too hard! When I needed help most in my life then God didn't help me so I go my own way now.

Thorns.
You don't know my circumstances! I have a family to feed and work and bills to pay and I have to get enough money to retire early. Then maybe I'll have another look at what the bible says.

Good soil.
Lord, help me to get through the day and give me all I need for this day.
Oh the joy of knowing that you are there when I go through good and bad things in my life, it's not always easy but it makes me the person I am today.

I know Lord, that if you take me to it, you'll take me through it.

I became a Christian when I was thirty-two years old and never regretted it even in my darkest moments.

When I lost my two babies, miscarried, then my Grandson stillborn. My husband of forty years died suddenly. When I was made homeless twice. When I lived on very little money and asked the green grocer for a bag of cabbage leaves, carrots and potatoes that he was going to discard and made roast and boiled potatoes cabbage, carrots, yorkshire puddings and gravy out of nothing. when I gave my scarf and gloves more than once to someone who had none and was cold...
I have a lovely family now three sons three daughters in law and four grandsons. Oh, it's not always easy But...

If our Lord takes us too it...he will take us through it...*Heart*

Word Count: 342
© Copyright 2013 Alexi (sky1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920355-The-Parable-of-the-Sower