*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920713-TMNT-Cliche
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1920713
"You are so cliche" she said with a smirk. "You say that like it's a bad thing."
         “Are we there yet?”
         “Almost”
         “Can I open my eyes now?”
         “Nope!”
         “You suck.”
         “Love you too.”
         Donatello led April O’Neil through the cold autumn night, the icy air brushing against their skin. He had set up for this moment for over a month, and nothing was going to ruin it. Not his brothers, not Splinter, not the Purple Dragons, Foot Clan, and most importantly, not the Shredder. This night belonged to Donatello and Donatello alone.
         He stopped leading the red head girl and April struggled to peek through Donatello’s hands. The mutant felt himself grin, proud at how smooth everything was going for him.
         “Can I open my eyes NOW?”
         “Yep!”
         Donatello dropped his hands and April gasped. He had found a place in the local dump to set down a blanket and picnic. He had rewired an old T.V and DVD player and searched for a good movie the two of them could watch. It wasn’t the most romantic setting, but he tried. They were far enough way from the city where they wouldn’t be seen, and at that moment, the skyscrapers glittered with thousands of flashing lights.
         “Donnie! You did all this? Really?” April turned. He was ready for that moment. He took the bouquet of flowers that he had tucked between his bo staff and shell into his hand, brought it around and presented it to her face.
         The red headed teenager looked at the flowers in awestruck before finally taking them with a smirk on her face. “You are so cliché, ya know that?” Donatello could feel himself grin, flashing the gap in his teeth. “You say that like it’s a bad thing.” April could only chuckle and smirk as she pulled him into a kiss.
© Copyright 2013 Caledonia Hanson (greenidadmirer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920713-TMNT-Cliche