*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920879-Struck-By-The-Neon-Christmas
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1920879
A heart warming tale about a potato trying to find her Christmas spirit.
A gloomy potato sat by the window, it was snowing outside. This potato's name was Sweet Potato. And she definably was sweet, but not today.

Sweet Potato was depressed. Her charming husband has been gone for two months due to his job. Her husband worked as an video game writer for the incredibly famous company, Imagination studios. Sweet Potato missed her husband, and was secretly jealous of him. First of all, he's famous, second, he travels the world. Yet Sweet Potato was stuck in her home town, forever bored.

Sweet Potato got up from her chair, and walked into the kitchen. She made herself some blueberry tea, and looked up at the calender. Christmas was in a week, but Sweet Potato wasn't in the Christmas spirit. She hasn't been in the Christmas spirit for two years now. Sweet Potato shook her head and decided to play on the computer.

Sweet Potato logged into her instant messaging account. (Which, by the way, her username is HotBlazingUnicorns.) She noticed that Friessy was online. Friessy was Sweet Potato's room mate back when she was still in collage, they have been buddies ever since they've met. As soon as Friessy noticed Sweet Potato was online, she sent her a message. (Friessy's username was AttractiveFrenchFry)

AttractiveFrenchFry: hi!
HotBlazingUnicorns: Hi Friessy.
AttractiveFrenchFry: how have you been.
HotBlazingUnicorns: I've been good. ...Okay, no I haven't been fine.
AttractiveFrenchFry: :( why.
HotBlazingUnicorns: I think I have a problem.
AttractiveFrenchFry: what kind of problem?
HotBlazingUnicorns: I'm not in the Christmas spirit. Infact, I find Christmas boring now.
AttractiveFrenchFry: oh no!
HotBlazingUnicorns: Is this a bad thing?
AttractiveFrenchFry: yes! in my opinion, anyway. listen potato you need to find a job.
HotBlazingUnicorns: Really?
AttractiveFrenchFry: yes really! there is a haircutting place thats hiring.
HotBlazingUnicorns: Hmm.
AttractiveFrenchFry: you might find your special talent there. anyway, i gtg. ttyl.
HotBlazingUnicorns: ttyl.

It's been along time since Sweet Potato talked to Friessy, Sweet Potato was never much of an internet fan. Friessy hasn't changed at all, she still had her unusual typing skills. Sweet Potato pondered over her advice about getting a job, it seemed like a good idea. She made up her mind, and she was going to the Barber's shop to get a job.

Sweet Potato rode on a magical train to get to the Barber's Shop. The Barber's shop was in a bad place of the town, pig thugs were standing near the door. Sweet Potato felt a little bit nervous. Despite feeling this way, she walked into the shop.

Much to her surprise, the Barber's Shop was actually very clean and tidy. A Cantaloupe walked up to her, "G'day, lady!" he greeted her. "Want a haircut? They're on sale!" "No, sorry," Sweet Potato answered. "I was actually looking for a job." The Cantaloupe grinned widely. "Excellent! We need a hairdresser. Can you do that for me?" "Yes," Sweet Potato nodded. The Cantaloupe grinned even more. "Good!" He cheered. He handed Sweet Potato the items she needed for the job. "Wait here," The Cantaloupe said. "We have some people waiting in our waiting room, I'll go find one who has hair that's easy enough cut for you." And he walked out of the room.

Sweet Potato sat down on a chair. The arm of the chair had a newspaper on it, she picked it up and read the front page. The entire front page was about a ninja criminal with rainbow hair. They mentioned on how he had hypnotizing powers that he used to steal money. Sweet Potato was confused by the entire story. A Rainbow Haired Ninja with hypnotizing powers that steals money? It sounded too surreal to be true.

"Hey!" Cantaloupe yelled, startling Sweet Potato. The Cantaloupe chuckled, "Did I scare you? So sorry!". Sweet Potato got up from her chair, "It's okay," she smiled. "Anyways!" Cantaloupe said. "This is the man. He has a funky hair color, but it's a simple style!" Sweet Potato's mouth dropped open, it was the Rainbow haired Ninja! She began to slowly back away. Cantaloupe looked at her, and then looked back at the Ninja.

"Is... Something wrong?" Cantaloupe asked. The Ninja pushed Cantaloupe out of the way, and started walking up to her. The Ninja started to use his hypnotizing powers. The Barber's shop started to glow in different colors, and the Ninja's hair grew much longer. "OH MY GOD, I'M HIGH!" Sweet Potato screamed.

Suddenly, a police car crashed into the the Barber's shop, scaring away the pig thugs. The policeman who has driving the car was a doughnut named Tony, sitting next to him was the one and only, Officer Beef Jerky. And for some reason, Officer Jerky had no shirt on.

The two policemen got out of their car and pointed their guns at the Ninja, "You're under arrest!" they yelled. Cantaloupe weakly got up, and pushed down the Ninja. Tony quickly grabbed the Ninja and arrested him. The Barber's shop stopped glowing, but the Ninja's hair was still long. Sweet Potato was completely dumb-founded on what just happened.

"Thank you!" Officer Jerky said. "To both of you!" "What?" Sweet Potato was surprised. "How did I help?" The Officer laughed, "I'll tell you when we get to the police station."

When they arrived at the police station, Officer Jerky began to explain. "If it wasn't for you, we would have never caught the Ninja. When people get hypnotized by his supernatural powers, they cannot speak. Your cry about being high is what helped us hunt him down." The Officer turned his back on Sweet Potato, and was lost in thought. "Is something wrong?" Sweet Potato asked. "Kind of," He replied. "Rainbow Hair is not natural to Ninjas, there has never been a Ninja in history with such crazy hair."

Tony ran into the room, "Hey boss!" he cried out. "I found something!" The Officer looked at Tony. "What did you find, Tony?" He asked. "This," Tony gave him something that looked like a perfume bottle. Officer Beef Jerky read the label out loud, "Sexy Rainbow Goose." Tony blinked, "What is that?" "It's a illegal hair gel," The Officer replied. "Whoever uses it goes insane. Which explains the rainbow hair and the odd behavior.."

Tony and Officer Beef Jerky began chatting to each other, Sweet Potato was unsure if she should leave or not. She sat down and waited for the two to stop talking.

A man walked into the police station, with a concerned look. Sweet Potato got up from her chair, "Mcrib? What are you doing here?" She said in shock. "I thought you were in Netherlands!" "I was," Mcrib replied. "But when I heard you helped to arrest the Rainbow Haired Ninja, I had to visit you!" Sweet Potato frowned, "Honey, I have a problem." Mcrib looked concerned, "A problem? Is it because of my job?" he asked. Sweet Potato shaked her head, "No, it's not that. I just don't have Christmas spirit."

Mcrib was shocked, "You? Not having any Christmas spirit? You're insane for thinking that!". Sweet Potato looked up at him. Mcrib smiled. "You totally have Christmas spirit, dear," He said. "Arresting a Ninja is the most Christmassy thing you can do." Sweet Potato, realizing he was right, suddenly became proud of herself. She was happy that she had Christmas Spirit.

Sweet Potato and Mcrib held hands and skipped down the road to their house, getting ready for Christmas.

The end.
© Copyright 2013 taptrapinch (taptrapinch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920879-Struck-By-The-Neon-Christmas