*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921096-Act-of-kindness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1921096
Humans! They do have a human side to themselves!
Another cold winter morning starts with a wake up call from a doll face. Snuggled contentedly under the not so likable pink blanket, it indeed was a skirmish battle to dig out the covers from my slime body. I reach to the ringing phone only to know that it was ringing no more. Whining some, and urging for some more sleep, I gaze at a small photo of god, stuck on the right wall, painted violet, with curls on its ends. Yet again, asking him to fill my life with little things that matter, maybe only to me! To make my day merrily special, maybe only for me!
I step out in the scorching sun, walking hurriedly for the place supposedly known to educate pupils at their teen ages. Catching a glimpse of few people, collectively puffing up cigars and drooling away the paans into their respective spittoons, I quickly switch my mind to something more eco-friendly.
Looking up, I pondered on what people mean when they say 'sky is the limit'. Assuming it might need lot of effort, but willingly having an urge to reach for the skies, I notice an orangish tint in the blue sky, spread above the tiny me, like a small pebble in the dark deep oceans. The sky itself not being clear enough, because of the effluents, too small for the naked eyes, and the cauliflower shaped clouds, a thought occurred to me asking my own soul, how our lives can ever be pure!
Walking past a huge clock, with its hands striking ten thirty, I tend to increase my pace. I quickly espy a clumsy, little, round headed man. His head bald, as though, someone, playfully ploughed his hair right from the center with a toy tractor. I noticed this man carrying, what it seemed to me like n number of packets of fruits and veggies, only to slow down my pace. I stared at this person for a while. Then my eyes shifted to yet another man, this time, on the contrary, looking more like a well
groomed gentleman. But I could figure out from their faces that there was something peculiar about them, yet banal. Every elemental form there, scurrying towards their respective destinations and hoping to get back home before the wee hours and longing to sleep peacefully.
A sudden commotion of the car brakes startles me. Turning around, I see the clumsy little man lying all alone on the road, with his stuff scattered everywhere. Nobody helps! Seeing his eyes filled with fright and dismay, I patiently wait for kind men to step forward with a helping hand, not even letting it occur to me that I can possibly be the one too. In a minute, I see the groomed man chuckling away his thoughts, unlike me, and stepping ahead to help him, triggering me to think if I were busier that this man who didn't seem to bother about his whereabouts. Covering the cementish gray, the road now looked more colourful to me, as though rainbow had melted into my eyes, though definitely not for the ailing man, I'm sure. Not knowing which one to pick up first, I stumble upon a large apple, allegedly my favourite. Slowly emptying the road with the needless, our keen eyes look at the man who was now managing to avoid the grievance and the uneasiness in the air, and taking a step forward to feed his family. Putting away the murmurs of the nasty crowd around, the soft spoken man, with a rather gentle, but awkward smile, turns to us and pours out a 'thank you'. Well, yes, that's all! Probably, in this uncertain world, that's the only thing one gets in return to their act of kindness.
I start heading again, towards my place, possibly, full of more such people, keenly waiting for generosity and humanity and thinking they need me. Thinking, maybe this is the special day god had planned, but I'm glad it was special NOT just for me. :)

© Copyright 2013 coolspice (sreejitha_rn93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921096-Act-of-kindness