*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921295-Prologue-of-my-novel
by lee.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1921295
looking for honest opinions.

Scurrying up the driveway she checked her watch again. “Almost eight-thirty He’ll be calling soon.
I have to think of a story about what I have done today. He wouldn’t believe I stayed home all day.” She thought quickly.

She picked up her pace as she imagined how angry he would be if he knew where she had really been.
She made her way past the last of the evergreen bushes that lined her parents’ driveway.

With a sudden jolt she felt a hand grasp her arm. As she took a sharp breath she was pushed to the ground.
Her head bounced off the limestone. Her face felt the first blow of a fist connecting to her cheek. It was Jim, He was angrier than she had feared.
His large hand wrapped her around her throat, as he put his weight on her chest.
He leaned into her ear. His dull, gravelly voice asked “Where have you been you whore?” Her chest ached from several well aimed punches.
“I was in town with friends. I wasn’t gone long."
A hard knock to her mouth meant that he didn’t believe her. “You were out with him again.
I saw you. You’re a liar.” His voice was thick with hate.

She spit blood out the side of her mouth.
“I told you we are only friends. Janet was there too. We went to the freeze for a cone and that’s all.”

He was climbing up from on top of her. She was scooting back away from him.
He reached down and grabbed her hair at the back of her head, and he towered over her. “You’ve always been a whore. I warned you to stay away from him.”
Suddenly she felt a stinging pain in her stomach. She gasped. He pulled the knife out only to stab her again, and he sliced through her flesh any place he could reach, as her body double over to avoid injury.

She looked in horror as the blood poured from her stomach and pain burn all over her body.
He shoved her head straight into the rocks. “You’ll see me in hell.” He rose up and walked away.
As soon as he was out of her sight she let out a blood curtailing scream. Her mother was the first to the door way of the house.
She couldn’t see how badly her daughter was hurt, but yelled “Call the emergency. Lexi is hurt and laying in the driveway.”

By the time help arrived Lexis was unconscious.

© Copyright 2013 lee. (cstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921295-Prologue-of-my-novel