*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921386-Real-Good
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1921386
Harry and Joanie's marriage had gone from bad to worse. And then the unexpected.....
“You two-timing snake!” Joanie screamed as she threw a large coffee cup at Harry.  Harry had to duck to keep the cup from hitting him between the eyes.  “C’mon, Joanie,” You knew our marriage was over. I haven’t loved you for a long time.”

Tears filled Joanie’s eyes.  She knew all too well.  When did it go bad?  How did this happen?  Her grief had turned into hatred. She looked down and saw a large kitchen knife on the counter.  She didn’t want him anymore, but she didn’t want his lover to have him.  She picked up the knife and ran toward Harry, knife poised to stab him over and over again.  Harry grabbed her hand and there was a struggle, then a long high-pitched scream!

“CUT!!!”  Martin, the director, stopped the action.

“Great!  That was real good!  Let’s call it a night and start again at 8:00 sharp. Study those new lines!”

“Nah, I thought I’d just wing it tomorrow!” Mike, the actor who played Harry, said, laughing.  “I’ll meet you at home,” Mike called to his wife, Wendy, who played the part of Joanie.  He blew her a kiss.

“I’ll tell you what, it’s nice to know that you kids don’t have a marriage like Joanie and Harry!” Martin said, as he walked out of the building.

“Yes, isn’t it,” Wendy said.  She was now the only one in the building.  She walked over and picked up her lines and her purse.  Then she walked over to the counter and looked at the knife from the earlier scene.  She fingered it slowly, feeling its sharp point on her finger.  Then, she put it in her purse, and as she walked toward her car, she had a smirk on her face as she slowly said, “Yes….isn’t it.”
© Copyright 2013 writeaway (jerdixie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921386-Real-Good