*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921457-Time-Of-Change--In-progress-
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1921457
Finding out the truth about who..and WHAT she really is may not be the wisest choice



Chapter One



So many people wandered around the back and side yards with drinks or sodas in hand,chatting and laughing while music blasted from a stereo in the house and the smell of burning charcoal filtered through the breeze,and even as she watched a few heads turned in their direction.

" Maybe we should've come another day." Shadoe McKenzie found herself stage whispering to the other woman in the cab of the SUV.

" Maybe we shouldn't have eaten." Ally joked,reaching for her doorhandle and opening the door." Well come on." She added when she looked over to see that she'd not budged from behind the X- Terras wheel." Don't make me make you."

The chuckle that she offered to the teasing threat sounded slightly forced and she finally slid from behind the wheel,stepping out onto the sun warmed asphalt of the street and smoothing her sweaty palms down the legs of her cargo shorts as she met the boldest stare,which was coming from a man now leaning against a porch railing,his arms folded across his chest.

She wasn't even aware of her feet making their way toward that porch until his words stopped their progress.

" Can I help you?" He demanded in a raspy, whisper soft voice that made a tremble of awareness travel up her spine and a ball of heat to spiral out from her belly.


" We're..Well,she's..looking for a Olivia Webb." Ally babbled,smiling cheekily up at the man."Does she live here?"

" Sure,She's out back..But this is a private party and I don't know you."

" Are you her husband?" His words didn't deter Ally.

" Ally!" Shadoe yelped as her face flamed with color and her eyes flew up to meet his sparkling greyish green ones when his answer of "No" sounded at the same time.

She was going to apologize to the man for her friends utter lack of decorum when a teenaged girl wandered out the door not too far from where they stood and her gaze focused on them instantly.

" Who are you?" The girl questioned and ,either it was her imagination or else the girl actually sniffed the air. " You smell of mutt."

" Excuse me?" Shadoe returned,straightening up to her full height and squaring her shoulders,which only served to draw the mans gaze to her chest when it got shoved out further by the action.

" They're here looking for your mom,and don't be so rude." The mans voice over rode her own and Shadoe threw the girl a narrow eyed glare until his words sank in.

" Her mother ? " She echoed,feeling the blood drain from her face as she studied the girl closer.

The girl was an a clumsy looking thing,all legs and hair..long deep auburn hair that hung to her hips in a thick braid.

" Yes,My mother..Who the hell are you?"

" I'm guessing that it would make her your half sister..what did they call you,my dear..Sasha?Sylvia?" A new voice called from the gazebo corner of the wrap around porch and Shadoe turned her attention to the older woman standing there." And mind your language young lady." She added,scowling at the teenager." Now is not a good time for this as you can see."

" Shadoe." She supplied stiffly,ice lacing her own voice when she saw that she no longer held the womans attention,not that it shocked her.

After all these years the woman still had no time for her,yet she'd begun another family not long after giving her up.

" Let her stay,I mean..I have a sister that no one even knew existed,this is juicy."The girl crooned,batting her heavily kohl lined lashes innocently."And it's so obvious that she doesn't know what runs in her veins..even juicier."At this the tip of her tongue darted out to wet her ruby red lips and her blue eyes sought out the mans gaze."Isn't it Trey?"

"Sure,How bout I keep an eye on them personally?"The man agreed with the girl,already straightening up and smiling at her..he didn't notice the scowl he got from the teen for that one but she did."I'm Treyvon but you can call me whatever you want."

"I'm Ally." Her friend gurgled,sidling up to him and smiling up into his roughly chisled café au lait complected face.

" Yeah,Watch who you chat up today..some people bite."He warned her without really paying much attention to her attempt at flirting."Are you thirsty Shadoe?"

"I don't usually-" She caught the expression on Allys face and swallowed her words,changing them midstream."I'd love a beer,Ice House preferably."

"We have Budweiser or Coors." He responded,tucking her hand into the bend of his arm and escorting her toward the back yard,Ally following in their wake and the teen at her friends heels.

"Alex can go grab you one." Her biological mother stated as she walked up behind them,her sandals slapping against the wood of the porch floor.
© Copyright 2013 Theo990 (theo990 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921457-Time-Of-Change--In-progress-