*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921492-The-Life-of-Edward-Choice-part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1921492
The life of Edward Choice taken from my blog
Tom the Janitor
Date: 25, Feb 2013
You might know the lobby of any office building, but none so adamant and of course close to any perfection as mine. I can think of one person who made this possible. Tom the janitor. As I take my triumphant strides through the ever reflective lobby of my temple, there is nothing that is not completely clean. No dust bunny able to raise hairs on my neck, not even a scratch on any of the tiles. I am amazed to the powers he has with a mop.

Now you are all problably thinking that I must have a small lobby, but that is not the actual case my dear readers. My lobby, if I should describe such an eminent thing without giving it too little credit, is GRANDEUR itself. Even the entrance could just as well be the entrance to the vatican church, for all I know. My tower, my temple, my workplace, and what you could call my Godhood's beginning. There has been no sparing in hours setting up the ever reflecting tiles depicting several heroic scenes of history. I can follow these all the way to the lift, and would say about 100 strides into the building. What is on the way you say? I prefer having especially that walk, empty of any object that could manifest itself as a nuisance while I am walking. Only a kings path should be fitted to a king, as this is. That is why that elevator only can be used by me. In my firm you got to earn the right to use the elevator. Tom has the right to use the elevator as well as Beatrice.

So with that in order, I must put my emphasis as to where the objects are placed in my lobby. To the left of the entrance is the counter which is at least a diameter length of 6 meters and as you could guess donut shaped. Inside is another gender paid worker called Frida, redhead with freckles, and eager to talk to anyone who enters the building. So these are my bottomfeeders, making sure the public eye NEVER gets too far into this place. On the right side are yet another waiting area spanning around 40 meters with much room in between. Also for my very loved plants neatly placed in rows. At the end of this there is a door to the left and 2 doors in-front. The one to the left leads into postal reception where all mail packaging is processed. The 2 doors right in-front is the employees entrance into my golden kingdom. One of the doors is a lobby for yet another elevator, this door is card locked. You have to attain a certain rank among my underlings to be able to use this one. The others must work their way to the top, and with that said I do not believe anyone below 10'Th floor has access to the elevator. Maybe only half of those to the 20'Th floor have and ALL on 30'Th floor have access to the elevator.

Back to Tom. Today he was odd. Or well he has been odd for many weeks now. He has begun to always stand in a trancelike state, his neck crooked down as if he was asleep. He is staring down at the floor, stabilizing his body on the mop. I fear that is does not bode well for him, and my love have diminished slightly although the floors still are as clean and shiny as ever - that saves his job for now; It is good to know how much he works himself for his job, as I am sure this is the outcome of.
As I greet him with my everlasting "heyTom", he only mumbles back in resignation to me cheery posterior. That is a sad thing indeed, as it takes so much effort to built up such a true face hidden in lies and deception.

I felt watched today, and Frida wasn't at the desk. I must remind her, that when Tom is in a state of mind as this, she is the guard of the building. She must remember, or she will be kicked out!

I had to look over my back several times to ensure my own safety, all the way to the elevator, but nothing of peculiar interest or out of the ordinary was to see. I entered the elevator as any other day, and there just in my background I was sure a woman moved in slow strides towards me. But the doors closed even before I could glimpse anymore than her red dress.

The rest of the day went as any other, with my workhours and schedules being maintained to maximum efficiency. There never came any uncalled visitors, although I am sure I saw a woman in the lobby, other than Frida of course.

Feel free to subscribe or like my blog project: http://EdwardChoice.blogspot.com
© Copyright 2013 Senseless Poet (thorbjoern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921492-The-Life-of-Edward-Choice-part-2