*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921693-The-Prediction
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1921693
A prediction takes Kat by surprise!
Kat had met Charlie her third year of college – both were marketing students, Charlie being a year ahead of her.  Charlie was everything she had ever wanted in a friend, a confidante, a lover.

But a week after graduation, Charlie headed to London to be with his parents.  His mom had cancer and only had a few months to live.  He wanted to share this time with her and his dad.  He settled in with his parents and found a job. Kat feared they would grow apart.

Sadly, his mom died in February.  It was a hard time for Charlie. He was so close to his mom.  She could light up a room with her smile.  He called Kat that day, crying.  The pain in his voice made Kat ache. She so wanted to be there for him.

They hadn’t stayed in touch as much the months before Kat’s graduation.  She was busy and didn’t think about it much.  So on graduation day, when he showed up at the ceremony, all her feelings for him came rushing back.

The next day, Kat and Charlie sat in the park catching up on so many things.  Charlie looked at her and ran his fingers through her soft red curls.

“Have you thought about what you’ll do now?”  Charlie looked at her, his eyes big and gentle like a deer’s.

“I don’t know, no job yet; any suggestions?”

Charlie looked down and pulled out a small red box.  “My prediction is that you’ll open this box, throw your arms around me, and come away with me to London.  What do you think?”

Kat opened the box and saw a lovely diamond ring, glistening in the sunlight! She threw her arms around Charlie.

“Oh yes, Charlie!  Everything about your prediction will definitely come true!”

© Copyright 2013 writeaway (jerdixie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921693-The-Prediction