*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923059-How-to-Create-a-Folder
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #1923059
Instructions for creating a folder
Instructions for Creating a Folder

First, what is a folder used for? When you click on "Create Item," you will find a list of various types of things we can post in our port (which is short for portfolio). Look over the items and see which ones you get right away and which ones you need help understanding. Let me know about those. Now, if you look at the column titled Basic, you'll see "folder." This is because you need to have a Basic Membership in order to create folders. You can use folders to organize you Port so that it is easier for you (and visitors) to find what you're looking for. For instance, you might have poems about nature in one folder, and form poetry in another folder. If you are taking a class at "Invalid Item, you will need to keep your assignments in a folder.

So, here's how you create a folder:
 1. Go to your Portfolio.
 2. Look in the top left-hand corner of your portfolio. Click on CREATE ITEM.
 3. Next, click on Folder. It is the first item in the Basic column.
 4. Enter the title of your of your folder. This title should help the reader know what they will find in the folder.
 5. From the drop-down menu, select the Item Type.
 6. Next, in the Brief Description box, type what you would like the reader to know about your folder.
 7. Enter the appropriate RATING for your folder in the Content Rating field.
 8. Next, you have an opportunity to select three or more categories that your piece falls into.
       These categories will give more exposure to your piece. When readers look for a specific group
       of stories or poems to read, they will search by categories, which may bring them right to your folder.
 9. Go to Item Body and type any information about the folder that you want the reader to see. It might be just a simple        statement about the contents of the folder.
        (Tip: If you prefer, you can type it in Word or other word processing program; then paste it into the Item Body.)
10. Select your Reviewing Preference.
11. When you are done, click on Save and View.

To help you determine the appropriate CONTENT RATING of your item, please read the following article: "Content Rating System (CRS)

***If you choose to copy from Word and paste it into your item, keep in mind that no formatting is transferred. Italics, bold, and so forth, will have to be added with ML Writing.
© Copyright 2013 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923059-How-to-Create-a-Folder